QM2 - Dress Code for Black and White Ball - How strict?

Lauradublin

On the QE2 the Black and White was a total fiasco, not even the "hostess" wore the "correct attire" and the ball lasted all of 30 mins.

Going on QM2 in October, I will wear plain black floor length gown, a white satin stole, triple white "pearl" necklace , carry a black clutch evening bag.

For Masquerade (if it is held) I will wear same gown, gold net stole, gold evening bag, gold necklace, and a black and gold mask.

If Masquerade is not held I will simply leave off the mask, and wear outfit as normal "formal" night.

Oh my don't fret over the black and white thing.....

On our short cruise I wore black and gold and was just fine.... Being so excited about formal on this cruise I did wear a very full gown with a lot of underskirts... Just wear what feels fun for you.... Really color is not an issue....

I do remember however that I "people watched" more than normal.... The ladies came out with such great black and white combo's..... Such fun sitting at the circle bar in the chart room admiring the great ballgowns that parade'ed by me.... More than once I thought... Oh damn, wish I was wearing that gown"!!! My advise, have great fun with it, no matter the color..... Really how often do you get to do this???

I am quite envious of you right now!!

Oh my don't fret over the black and white thing.....

On our short cruise I wore black and gold and was just fine.... Being so excited about formal on this cruise I did wear a very full gown with a lot of underskirts... Just wear what feels fun for you.... Really color is not an issue....

I do remember however that I "people watched" more than normal.... The ladies came out with such great black and white combo's..... Such fun sitting at the circle bar in the chart room admiring the great ballgowns that parade'ed by me.... More than once I thought... Oh damn, wish I was wearing that gown"!!! My advise, have great fun with it, no matter the color..... Really how often do you get to do this???

I am quite envious of you right now!!

Almost all the "fashion threads" are female fashion issues (today, "issues" are politically-correct for "problems")

I just got a black and white bow tie. Should I wear this to the Black and White Ball or save it for the Ascot Ball? Woe is me.

Rich

(today, "issues" are politically-correct for "problems")

Rich,

Do keep up, dear chap! They are 'opportunities'!:rolleyes:

As in 'how am I going to deal with all my opportunities'........

When in doubt about the dress code....have another Dry Martini....and all will become clear.....

Peter

Rich,

Do keep up, dear chap! They are 'opportunities'!:rolleyes:

As in 'how am I going to deal with all my opportunities'........

When in doubt about the dress code....have another Dry Martini....and all will become clear.....

Peter

Or as the famous Chinese Cruse goes, "May you live in interesting times!"

Save it for the Masquerade ball.

Or the Pirate's Ball. Or the Checkerboard Ball...

Karie,

who is being silly!

Archived