Downloading E-docs

JanLynne

I have been reading all the threads recently and haven't seen this problem, unless I didn't go far enough back. I was trying to view my edocs but it won't download because it says windows doesn't recognize the extension (.doc; .aspx, etc.) Is this because I elected to receive the docs in the mail or is it just a fluke on my windows? Thank you.

I would like to know too. My pvp sent me an email with my invoice attached and I cant find a program that will open and read it. I have tried everything.:mad:

All the invoices I have received from Carnival have been PDF (Adobe Acrobat).

When are you sailing? If you elected paper, you can't view the electronic docs until your paper docs are ready to mail.

Paper Document Option

Click No, I want Paper Documents which will be mailed approximately 30 days prior to my sail date.

Note: Guests who select paper documents can view or print the electronic version of their travel documents and print additional luggage tags once their paper document has been processed for mailing.

Fly Aweigh guests will have the ability to view their flights if selecting paper documents.

Click OK to display the Cruise Summary screen.

I would like to know too. My pvp sent me an email with my invoice attached and I cant find a program that will open and read it. I have tried everything.:mad:

This is a separate issue from the OP's. Just install abobe acrobat reader. It's free.

Thank you - we are sailing on July 30th maybe once I receive the paper docs it will work. I have adobe acrobat reader on my computer the extension is .aspx or something like that.

I downloaded my docs but have not received anything in the mail. We are sailing out of San Diego July 5th. Should I be worried? I called Carnival and they said to print the docs from online but what do I do about the luggage tags? Regular paper seems kind of flimsy and Im afair we will loose luggage.

We're sailing on July 30 also. Which ship are you on? Have you started packing yet? I want to pack now but my family thinks I'm crazy.:rolleyes:

Well it is a good thing my family KNOWS I am crazy. We sail on 7/29 and I have started packing. I am so excited I can't wait.

We did do E-Docs and it all worked well for me. I love it, printed out my luggage tags and laminated them. I am so ready!!!!!

I downloaded my docs but have not received anything in the mail. We are sailing out of San Diego July 5th. Should I be worried? I called Carnival and they said to print the docs from online but what do I do about the luggage tags? Regular paper seems kind of flimsy and Im afair we will loose luggage.

Print out the paper luggage tags and either laminate them or wrap them in clear shipping tape, that will make them even stronger than the regular tags that come in the mail.

We're sailing on July 30 also. Which ship are you on? Have you started packing yet? I want to pack now but my family thinks I'm crazy.:rolleyes:

We are sailing on the Miracle - I am rooming with my sis but we have several family members crusing with us. No I haven't started packing yet - I don't have the room to do so. If I had an extra room I would have stuff all over it. I still haven't figured out how to read the online documents unless I have to wait until I get the paper ones in my hand.

I tried several times to access my docs online after opting to receive e-docs. Each time I was unsuccessful, but finally considered that there was a problem with my browser, Firefox. I tried opening the Carnival site with Windows Explorer and went right to the e-docs page. I've now printed them out and we are ready for the July 30 sailing on the Holiday.

Where does it ask if you want paper or e-docs? I remember seeing it and honestly don't know what I answered. Now I can't seem to find it again to check &/or change it. Never mind! I just found it on the 2nd cruise listed. Apparently, you only have the opportunity to answer that question ONE TIME. I still don't know what I said for my Freedom cruise.

And for the person with the attachment problem....all the invoices, confirmations etc. I've gotten from CCL were .tif files. Apparently some are send .pdf and some are .tif. What's the file extension on the attached document?

Where does it ask if you want paper or e-docs? I remember seeing it and honestly don't know what I answered. Now I can't seem to find it again to check &/or change it. Never mind! I just found it on the 2nd cruise listed. Apparently, you only have the opportunity to answer that question ONE TIME. I still don't know what I said for my Freedom cruise.

And for the person with the attachment problem....all the invoices, confirmations etc. I've gotten from CCL were .tif files. Apparently some are send .pdf and some are .tif. What's the file extension on the attached document?

When you click on to the funpass it should have the online documents option. My file is pdf.aspx (or something like the aspx).

I tried to download it using explorer and it brought me right back to aol. I am really stumped. I don't have the patience till I receive the paper docs.

Archived