Bear Viewing KetchiKan (Best Time of Day)?

duckfans13

I have an option of 10:00; 12:30: or 3:30 for a tour in Ketchikan on a float plane to Neets Bay. Would anyone have any clue as to what would be the best time to select in the hopes to see bears? I realize it is all luck and there is no guarantee but someone might have some suggestions. Thanks all.

I'm sure someone with experience on the tour will chime in, but I've always been told that, like sharks, bears are active more in the afternoon. *chomp* I'd also add, early in the morning when they're rummaging through garbage cans, but that's not one of your choices! :D

We are booked for the 12:30 P.M. Neet's Bay Bear Watch Expedition on July 23rd on Carnival Spirit. From the information I've read "chances of viewing wildlife on this excursion are extremely high". I say, just pick the time that best suits your schedule. We only had a 12:30 or 3:30 to choose from. We can't wait. :)

We sail Aug. 17 and we are booking with the cruiseline. Thanks all for the help. I'm thinking of taking the 3:30 tour. Figure that the bears might be up from napping and ready for dinner. Who knows! I too hear that the chances are good to see them but it is never 100%. You just have to take what you get.

Bears aren't like sharks. They eat all the time. Morning, noon or night. Generally speaking the best bear viewing times are at low tide times. It makes it easier for the bears to get at the fish. At Neets Bay you should be good to go about any time as that is a major fish hatchery. Lots of fish action all the time.....

Guess you can't do better than the advice from someone with the name of "Bearbait". Thanks. Guess any time is as good as any so will select a time that fits better in our schedule. Appreciate your input.

Archived