Coupons! Coupons! Coupons!

ShanteS

I've heard some people talking about buying drink coupons and picture coupons. Have you heard anything about it and in your opinion is it even worth buying? Any help with this is appreciated. Thanks :)

I dont know about the picture coupons, but I have bought the drink coupons, and they are a good deal, (tip is included) for about 4.50 per drink. You can order them from the carnival site and they are helpful if you are trying to pay some things ahead to try and keep that Sail &Sign card a little lower.

I dont know about the picture coupons, but I have bought the drink coupons, and they are a good deal, (tip is included) for about 4.50 per drink. You can order them from the carnival site and they are helpful if you are trying to pay some things ahead to try and keep that Sail &Sign card a little lower.

Oh OK, cool. So I think 4 or 5 come in a pack and it's about 19.50, right? If the tip is included that'd be perfect. I'd probably fair better with the drink coupons then. Can I use them with the daily drink specials they have?

Oh OK, cool. So I think 4 or 5 come in a pack and it's about 19.50, right? If the tip is included that'd be perfect. I'd probably fair better with the drink coupons then. Can I use them with the daily drink specials they have?

Quick answer is "not really". I believe someone did a calculation that you save 88 cents on each drink if you buy a $4. 95 drink. If you are buying beer or a drink special, you may be better off paying cash and saving the coupon for a more expensive items.

There are other good threads on this subject -- I suggest you check them out ;)

Both (drink and photo coupons) make great gifts -- that is their primary intent. Passengers who buy them for themselves are basically doing it for the convenience of not having their S&S card 'explode' while on vacation.

Shante, try this thread Drink Coupons - Have you used them?

Lots of different opinions on the coupons.

We bought some for our upcoming cruise.

HTH

Mike,

Thanks a bunch for that thread. It was a big help, alittle confusing, but still very helpful. I'm going to buy one book for this cruise and see how I like it. But aside from the foo-foo drinks, I also like the martinis, Cabernet, and champagnes. I figure even if I don't use all of the coupons someone in the group will.

I saw a bar menu with the drink prices and it said a foo-foo drink in the souvenir hurricane cup was 7.50. Is that for the first round and every refill or additional drink is the regular 4.95 in the souvenir cup or is it 7.50 each time in the cup?

The ARE a good deal for beer. With tip, a beer is over $5.00. Each coupon is worth $4.50. I bought a bunch of the coupons before our cruise and it really helped with the S & S bill. I'm cruising again in February and have already started ordering coupons and Funship Dollars. I want to prepay everything :D

Both (drink and photo coupons) make great gifts -- that is their primary intent. Passengers who buy them for themselves are basically doing it for the convenience of not having their S&S card 'explode' while on vacation.

See and that's what I DON'T want. I want to keep a close eye on my S&S card and not use it that much on drinks. Where can I buy the photo coupons? I haven't seem them online. Can I get them on the ship?

Mike,

Thanks a bunch for that thread. It was a big help, alittle confusing, but still very helpful. I'm going to buy one book for this cruise and see how I like it. But aside from the foo-foo drinks, I also like the martinis, Cabernet, and champagnes. I figure even if I don't use all of the coupons someone in the group will.

I saw a bar menu with the drink prices and it said a foo-foo drink in the souvenir hurricane cup was 7.50. Is that for the first round and every refill or additional drink is the regular 4.95 in the souvenir cup or is it 7.50 each time in the cup?

No, a refill is around $5.75. The best deal is just order it in a regular glass. I have conducted extensive research into this. ;)

How does the souvenier cup deal work? I know you get discounts on the refills after your first purchase but do they keep refilling the same glass? How do they keep which glass goes to who when you order a refill? The thought of a glass mix up and getting a strangers used glass skeeves me. Can you bring a cup you've purchased on a previous cruise and use that? There was a family in the embarking line that had their previous cups in hand ready to use when they got on.

The ARE a good deal for beer. With tip, a beer is over $5.00. Each coupon is worth $4.50. I bought a bunch of the coupons before our cruise and it really helped with the S & S bill. I'm cruising again in February and have already started ordering coupons and Funship Dollars. I want to prepay everything :D

That's another great idea. Funship dollars! I'm trying to buy bathing suits and more summer outfits for this cruise and it's getting kinda hard to stay out of the stores and not dip into my Cruise money. If I just buy $100 worth of funship dollars with the next three pay periods I have in addition to my savings I'll have a nice lil' stash. Great idea. :)

No, a refill is around $5.75. The best deal is just order it in a regular glass. I have conducted extensive research into this. ;)

OIC! OK Mr. Research Analyst, in your opinion would you buy the coupons? Is it really worth it? So it's best to just buy the coupons and get the drinks in the regular glasses?

How does the souvenier cup deal work? I know you get discounts on the refills after your first purchase but do they keep refilling the same glass? How do they keep which glass goes to who when you order a refill? The thought of a glass mix up and getting a strangers used glass skeeves me. Can you bring a cup you've purchased on a previous cruise and use that? There was a family in the embarking line that had their previous cups in hand ready to use when they got on.

If you are at the bar, they usually wash it out and refill it. The wandering waiters most of the time do a one for one switch. What they do with the old ones I have no idea.

I have seen some pretty cheapskate moves on this board, but bring back a souvineer cup *shakes head and walks away*.

Once you buy the souvenir cup, it's yours to keep. You don't give it back. When your done just wash it out and keep it near, take it back up to the bar when you want another. There's no way for a cup mix up unless you or another CCer accidentally grabs the wrong one.

They swap out the cups each time. It will always be a "new" glass. And just like the regular bar ware, they wash them. ;)

Looks like everybody else just said that, so let me add ..

They also come in a variety of colors so be sure to collect them all for those at-home Carnival parties. :D

See and that's what I DON'T want. I want to keep a close eye on my S&S card and not use it that much on drinks. Where can I buy the photo coupons? I haven't seem them online. Can I get them on the ship?

You can buy gifts on carnival web site-- under the gift tab located at the top

The photo copon is $15.00 good for dollar for dollar towards your photo purchases.

Considering a 8 X 10 costs a smidge over 20 bucks...

You do not get moeny back on those coupons either.

--

when using the drink coupons--

http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

check the prices and see if drink coupons are worth it to you.

Please be aware that drink prices did go up some recently-- so the drink coupons are expected to go up too. so while you can-- grab them now.

(i was good enough to grab soda coupons two cruises ago when they were still only 6 bucks.. now they are 7 something... once you buy them you are locked into the price.

Drink coupons are given to you at dinner the first night.

Photo coupons will be in your cabin the first day.

you can also order funship dollars on thatgift page under certificates which can be used for anything onbaord-- its an onboard credit

You can buy gifts on carnival web site-- under the gift tab located at the top

The photo copon is $15.00 good for dollar for dollar towards your photo purchases.

Considering a 8 X 10 costs a smidge over 20 bucks...

You do not get moeny back on those coupons either.

--

when using the drink coupons--

http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

check the prices and see if drink coupons are worth it to you.

Please be aware that drink prices did go up some recently-- so the drink coupons are expected to go up too. so while you can-- grab them now.

(i was good enough to grab soda coupons two cruises ago when they were still only 6 bucks.. now they are 7 something... once you buy them you are locked into the price.

Drink coupons are given to you at dinner the first night.

Photo coupons will be in your cabin the first day.

you can also order funship dollars on thatgift page under certificates which can be used for anything onbaord-- its an onboard credit

I heard, and thought I read someplace on CCL website that the drink coupons are delivered to your room upon embarkation...?

If needed you can go to your assigned dining room before dinner and ask for your coupons.

What is open seating?

On CCL, there is no open seating for dinner, all assigned. For breakfast/lunch in the dining rooms, its open seating.

Archived