Need advice - Ketchikan float plane?

Casey12

I need advice on this. I have been to Alaska several times but have never gone on a helicopter or float plane excursion. I am considering 2 different float plane trips and need advice. I am looking at Island Wings -- I have not contacted them and don't know if they have availability but it is the excursion through Princess which appeals more to me because it is a float plane and then a catamaran ride back through Misty Fiords for about $60 more. I know Island Wings is raved about on this board partially because you get to land and spend time out of the plane but if I go with the Princess trip which combines the float plane and catamaran trip --wouldn't this be better? Has anyone done the combo trip with Princess before? I really think I would enjoy the catmaran ride through Misty Fiords just as much as the plane experience.

I haven'[t been there yet, but have been watching these boards for several months. I tried to book with Island Wings, just as you had mentioned, they get great reviews here. However we are in town on July 4th and Michelle is taking the day off. I booked with Southeast Aviation, partially because of the Toursaver discount. The guy there called me back and did everything as far as good service that I could have asked for. I am looking to my trip with them.

Unitl we leave on Celebrity Summit- Feels like the first time......
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;07;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

My perference is flying Misty Fjords and having the expansive views, rather than a sailing. It also takes up most of the port time. Since you have been there several times- then go with your combo choice. Southeast Aviation is an excellent company- I've gone with them for 3 flights. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Archived