Stupid Haircut!

sgorich

I just got back from the salon and I received the most ugliest hair cut ever :mad: It is a short to my chin ugly "bob" with the fake longer bangs to the side! I look like I am 10 years old! :(

I am embarrassed to go to work tomorrow let alone the cruise which is next week!

Sorry! Just had to vent!!!!!

Arghh!! I would have been better off with my longer damaged hair!

Ooh so sorry-I've had that happen before. Try just washing it and blow drying it a different way. Hope that helps. But I, also, think I'd go right back tomorrow to the shop where it was cut and ask the manager to do something with it. Good luck.

Try getting a too-short hair cut when you have curly hair like mine!! UGH!!! It has happened to me and I cried every day for a month every time I would try to style it.

If you have straight hair, you might like it in a few days once it settles down. Try using a headband or cute clips or barrettes to keep it styled the way you're most comfortable with. Hang in there...it'll grow back!!:)

I feel your pain! Got mine cut 2 days ago and he (the stylist) got scissor happy and then put way too much blonde in when he did the foil!! I look like a #$%% skunk! Cruise is next week, also. Grrrrr!! :mad:

Try getting a too-short hair cut when you have curly hair like mine!! UGH!!! It has happened to me and I cried every day for a month every time I would try to style it.

I laughed hard when I read that because the same thing has happened to me.

Sgorich, we've all been there. At least your cruise is next week and it still will have grown a little. It'll still be better than the first overall shock.

I bet it looks cute!

Bobby pins work wonders. Try taking a small strand on one side, twisting it once and pinning it to the upper side of your head. Just play around with it. Or try a different part on a different side. Try flipping it out. Just play with it. I bet it's cute!

I just got back from the salon and I received the most ugliest hair cut ever :mad: It is a short to my chin ugly "bob" with the fake longer bangs to the side! I look like I am 10 years old! :(

I am embarrassed to go to work tomorrow let alone the cruise which is next week!

I know it must be frustrating but you have a week to let it settle down or maybe go to another hairdresser and see if they can tidy it up enough to make you feel comfortable.

I hate when this happens! When I get a great haircut, it grows out too soon, when I get a short haircut, it takes months!

I think many of us can feel your pain. Work with it a day or so, if there are any changes that can be made, go back. Otherwise, unfortunately, frustratingly and sadly, a too short haircut just takes time to grow out.

Look at the bright side of life, you'll be on a cruise next week and other than the evenings, you can pop on a hat and hide that haircut :)

Awe! don't worry, it probably looks cute, you just thought it would look different. However, that is a nice style, you can do lots with it, pin it to one side with a nice pin or you can wear a sash and let it hang down the side (sort of like Rhoda), or wear a head band. good luck! Have a wonderful cruise!

sgorich - do you like it better today? I often hate it on the first day because the stylist tries too hard to make it puffy. I usually like it better on the 2nd day. ;)

Yep Tex Gal - I hear ya on this one. I've used the same gal for about 4 years now. She is great on cutting & color - but when she styles it, it is usually a lot puffier then I like. But the next day when I do it - it's just what I wanted. 2 out of 3 isn't to bad when I have years of hair disasters to look back on! :eek: :D

Thanks everyone for understanding my pain and suffering! It is better today, cuz yes it sure was puffy and looking like a wig yesterday! But I really hate the back still! I might try to go get the back fixed! Now I am just sad cuz I don't know how to wear it for formal night:confused: If I curl it, I might end up looking like Shirley Temple! :eek:

If you have some length left, you might want to try what I'm doing with my hair for my wedding. I bought some hair extensions that just clip on a twist or ponytail of my own hair. Here's the link to my pictures on the Wedding Cruise board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=577692

There are TONS of different length, styles, and colors available. I bought mine at Sally Beauty Supply, but there is a wig website that sells a larger variety that is posted on that thread.

Hopefully this might help you through that 'bad haircut transition'. Been there... :(

Oh Boy, do I ever feel your frustration!! I don't know how many times I get my haircut before a trip or an event and that's the haircut they screw up. Countless times this has happened to me.

I understand how you feel but no one knows you on a ship and the friends you will make, they will remember you and not your haircut.

Good luck to you!!

Peggy

Last year, two weeks before my cruise I went in for a TRIM. I ended up with hair above my ear lobes.(Hair was almost to middle of back) I cried and cried. Me and my mom went to our mall and Sally's and I got a few of the clip in hair extensions. They have clip in hair to make it look longer, or you can buy ponytails. They have lots of cute styles and you can buy them as cheap as $25. Best thing ever. I even wore them to work because I was so embarassed. My hair grew back, but I am buy one for next years cruise. It is so nice not to have to spend an hour on you hair. Throw it up, clip and go.

Okay, here goes! I hope you don't want to shoot me - because I'm one of those "Hairstylist's":o but I have a few suggestions for you. Do go back to the salon to discuss your dissatisfaction . If you do not feel great [lack of trust,etc.] then ask for a consultation with another stylist. Don't worry about offending anyone . Be direct though . As far as your length is concerned -you don't have a lot of choice other than extentions. They are very costly for the good ones- the others are just not worth the money, they look so fake!:eek: My suggestion to you would be to keep the length the same but have the outside "point cut into long layers for some movement and to funk up that "bob" a bit . Think of Lisa Renna[sp]. you can have that cut easily adapted to most lengths with out removing any more length. Get a good molding cream to disperse lightly throughout the ends [turn your head upside down and shake through it]. This is a great style to glam up for evening or to just turn upside down and tossle coming staight out of the water. Let me no how you make out? Hope this has been of some help.:)

[qu

Just go back and ask her to add some darker foils woven in to tone it down. A little goes a long way. Good Luck.:)

ote=8 Bells;10647535]I feel your pain! Got mine cut 2 days ago and he (the stylist) got scissor happy and then put way too much blonde in when he did the foil!! I look like a #$%% skunk! Cruise is next week, also. Grrrrr!! :mad:

Archived