QE2 Spa & Sauna questions

Emu

Could someone please explain the spa facilities on QE2?

I have searched this site, Cunard and Steiner but still don't actually know what facilities are in the QE2 Royal Cunard Spa and what facilities exist in other areas of the ship.

Are the saunas & steam only in the section of the Spa that requires payment to access or are they in other parts of the ship? What about whirlpoools?

A general run down of what exists and locations would be much appreciated, thank you.

The "healthy" bits of QE2 are divided into two sections:

Royal Spa - deck6 by F stairway.

Saltwater therapy pool, massage/treatment rooms, steam room (mixed), sauna (one for the boys and one for the girls). You buy a day pass which entitles you to use the saltwater therapy pool, steam and sauna. You can come and go as meny times as you wish. You can also buy a pass which entitles you to seven visits - you don't have to use it up over 7 consecutive days. You save a bit of money doing it this way. Changing facilities, towels and bathrobe all provided. Seem to remember it's about $20 for a day pass and $100 for a 7 day pass but don't quote me on that.

Gym - deck7 by C stairway.

Weights, treadmills, bikes and indoor swimming pool - all free of charge but changing/showering facilites are rather limited. There's also a floor area where there are things like yoga classes (small charge) which happen on days at sea.

There's no easy route from one area to the other - so if you want to work out then relax, you have to walk up to deck5 and then from C to F stairway. I've always thought there was more than a touch of Hogwarts about QE2 - especially the confusing stairways!:rolleyes:

I`m sure they do their best in a limited space but somehow the spa is not very enticing. I`ve been before now & been all set to cough up the extra but just not been able to do it. It feels a bit claustrophobic somehow. Just a personal opinion. Please try it out for yourself.

The thalassotherapy pool in the spa is a big saltwater walk-through jacuzzi. It's wonderfully relaxing. There are stations in the pool with jets at different heights, so as you work your way through the pool, you get a saltwater massage. There's also a sort of bed of metal bars, which sounds horrible, but is actually a very comfy way to lie back in the bubbling water.

If you want an ordinary bubble tub, there are two by the outdoor pool, and there's no charge for these.

I didn't know you could use the sauna without paying a fee. I've only ever used it when I've been down there for thalassotherapy.

Archived