Suite 118 or137

SusanTravels

Susan,

Absolutely, Suite #137~~ this suite happens to be my favorite!

What ship and which sailing?

You will love staying by the stairs~~also right by the Gangway!

Easy access to Deck 5 and the Purser's "Welcoming Desk!"

The differences are rather significant, in my opinion.

As Martita says, if you want ready access to the central area 137 is better. However, as people congregate in the area and that elevator is used more often you may find it a bit noisier.

In 118 the elevator is not actually next to the suite, but is across a hallway. This elevator is used less often, as is the stairway. I have had clients in 118, 119, 121 and none have found reason to complain.

Susan,

As I enjoy "ship convenience's" I would book #137 hands down~~:p

I've stayed on all of the Decks~~in the Caribbean (ports-of-calls)

I especially like being just a'round the corner from the Gangway.

Easy off and easy on~~

Have fun~~smooth sailing!

118 is a good, quiet location. Don't worry about the elevator, it's small and not used that often as it isn't used to go to The Restaurant. Most passengers and all the crew use the stairs. The elevator won't cause noise in your stateroom.

Either suite would be fine. If you prefer the convenience of being closer to the central area, #137 would be the best choice. However, since these ships are small #118 isn't all that far away from the conveniences of the ship. My Mom and I would prefer #118 as we like the ability to "slip out the back door" of The Restaurant at lunch or dinner. HTH

Lisa :)

It's great to be able to go to this board and get all the good information. I know all cabins are good and always hope for an upgrade. Who knows.

Jane, it will be nice to see you again. Will you be on a long voyage?

Susan

Jane, it will be nice to see you again. Will you be on a long voyage?

Susan

No long voyage like that of Grannie Lorr and her husband. I embark in Santiago and get off in Rio. Then I have to go home and re-pack for the Pride, from London to Copenhagen. I am wait-listed for Copenhagen-Copenhagen which will be the Baltic itinerary. We'll see, fingers and 'toers' crossed.

We have 118 from Ft Lauderdale to Lisbon.......I think its a great position, and we used that back elevator a lot to go down to breakfast etc and to go up to the Sky deck........may not need the elevator so much next time though...should be able to run up and down the stairs by then! :D

We always use the stairs and pretend it's exersice. We are already booked in 118 so I guess we will stay put. It seems both are great spots and I do sneak out the back of the dining room on occasion. The last few cruises we were moved anyway so who knows where we will end up. Thanks again for all the input.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

We are new to Seabourn and have just put a hold on cabin 137 on Spirit for Oct 25 2008 sailing from Civitivecchia to Singapore.

I appreciate the comments so far on this cabin and can see no reason not to continue with the booking. We were a bit concerned about the elevator but you have allayed our fears.

On the deck plan 137 looks slighly narrower than the adjacent cabins. We are hoping this is an incorrect representation on the plan. Can anyone add to that?

We have travelled previously on many lines including Princess, Holland America, Celebrity and Crystal and are very much looking forward to our first Seabourn experience.

Cheers,

Steve and Christopher.

I think 137 is a great location, I have stayed in it and across the hall in 134 & 136. I never noticed a change in size and believe it's just in the printed representation.

I will be joining the Spirit in December in Dubai and look forward to meeting you. I will stary on to Hong Kong. I plan on taking the overland trip to see the Taj Mahal. At this point, just having had to cancel the Istanbul to Dubai leg, I am trying to figure out how to work in Egypt, because seeing the Pyramids is one of my life's desires.

I adore my Seabourn sailings.

I think 137 is a great location, I have stayed in it and across the hall in 134 & 136. I never noticed a change in size and believe it's just in the printed representation.

I will be joining the Spirit in December in Dubai and look forward to meeting you. I will stary on to Hong Kong. I plan on taking the overland trip to see the Taj Mahal. At this point, just having had to cancel the Istanbul to Dubai leg, I am trying to figure out how to work in Egypt, because seeing the Pyramids is one of my life's desires.

I adore my Seabourn sailings.

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your reassuring comments. We have gone ahead and paid the deposit, so we are in!

There are so many places to plan for, it really is going to take us a year to get ready for the trip.

I can understand the desire to see the Taj Mahal, but since neither Chris and I have been to Mumbai or Cochin, I think we will leave it for another time.

I also have quite a fear of travelling in India, having become very ill during a visit in 1989. (and missing my trip to Agra!) Two day trips from the ship will be a gentle and safe re-introduction to the country for me, I hope.

We will definitely be doing an overnight trip in Safaga, though.

We look forward to meeting you, too.

Cheers,

Steve (and Chris)

Steve and Chris, you will have a fantastic cruise, we did the same thing in reverse in 2006, but got on in Cairns not Singapore so had even more wonderful days onboard! Good to see some more Aussies in here, I get a bit lonely at times!

Steve and Chris, you will have a fantastic cruise, we did the same thing in reverse in 2006, but got on in Cairns not Singapore so had even more wonderful days onboard! Good to see some more Aussies in here, I get a bit lonely at times!

Hi there,

Thanks for your good wishes. Chris and I are from Melbourne, but we know Brisbane quite well, having lived in Hamilton for 18months in 1996/97.

We enjoyed our time there, especially the friendly, easy going nature of the people.

When we returned to Melbourne, people would just look at us when we tried out our new-found version of Northern friendliness.

Over time, it would be good if you could share some information about the ports on this trip. There are so many important decisions to be made about some of the once-in-a-lifetimes stops.

Cheers,

Steve. (and Chris)

Quote: " Over time, it would be good if you could share some information about the ports on this trip."

Oh dear, are you a glutton for punishment? :D

If you go to Page 14 from the first Seabourn page,(it says Page 1 of 36) you will find a thread called "Granny at Sea"....its all my rantings from our cruise. I have just looked and there have been about 7000 other "victims" have read it. :rolleyes:

I also did a Blog, which of course goes backwards, so that would suit you, you will find it at

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Granny/

lots of pics in there too!

I know Melbourne well. was born and bred there but moved to Queensland 30 years ago.

Quote: " Over time, it would be good if you could share some information about the ports on this trip."

Oh dear, are you a glutton for punishment? :D

If you go to Page 14 from the first Seabourn page,(it says Page 1 of 36) you will find a thread called "Granny at Sea"....its all my rantings from our cruise. I have just looked and there have been about 7000 other "victims" have read it. :rolleyes:

I also did a Blog, which of course goes backwards, so that would suit you, you will find it at

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Granny/

lots of pics in there too!

I know Melbourne well. was born and bred there but moved to Queensland 30 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the link to the thread. I have just finished reading the whole thing!

Chris and I love the sea days, too. Luckily for us, we will get more in the later part of the trip.

(Our last cruise, on Crystal had 10 sea days in a row from Hawaii to Hong Kong!!)

Thanks to you, we are already getting an idea of which tours to do.

It was good to get an understanding of how many carry-over passengers there were from cruise to cruise. I'm not sure it would be healthy to be with the same 200 people for 56 days straight!

Were there any fellow passengers with you for the whole journey?

From what I can see, our cruise is the combination of 5 separate cruises.

Now to look at your blog............

Cheers,

Steve.

I am sure we were told at the time how many passengers did the whole journey, but I forget! Possibly around 20, don't think it would have been many more. Our next cruise is 4 back to backs (South America) and one couple we met on the Spirit, who also live in Brisbane will be doing the whole thing with us. BUT we have also added a "Crossing" after South America, so the crew wont get rid of us quite so quickly!! :D

Archived