Debarkation morning...how do YOU beat the blues?

travelgyalrox

I keep my bags packed for as long as I can with the luggage tags on as a reminder that I was on a cruise. Take off work that following Monday & make my coworkers think I'm jet lagged. I kinda stay away from Cruise Critic when my cruise is over because I'm still in denial that my cruise is over. Did I mention I keep my bags packed for a few weeks? So it looks like I'm still traveling. Lol :D

That is what all the Caribbean Rum we purchase is for! :p:p:D;)

Good plan! :D We bought some Gauva Berry liquer and when we mix up a few daiquiris of that we fondly remember St. Maarten!!! :) We have to go back!

Good plan! :D We bought some Gauva Berry liquer and when we mix up a few daiquiris of that we fondly remember St. Maarten!!! :) We have to go back!

We purchased some of that and the Guava Berry Rum (My favorite) while in St. Maarten. We look forward to going back and getting more!

• 2 weeks later...

We really both look forward to seeing out fur baby (see avitar). I hate to leave her, but when we get home she is just so excited and we can tell she missed us as much as we missed her.

• 2 weeks later...
We really both look forward to seeing out fur baby (see avitar). I hate to leave her, but when we get home she is just so excited and we can tell she missed us as much as we missed her.

I agree! I have 3 'fur babies' and miss them while I'm away. I love the greeting I get when I walk in the door.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Book your next cruise or just even looking at plans for your next one.

2. Make sure you have something to do when you get home the next day that you can look forward to, whether it's a meal with friends or family or a night on the town. We only live a few hours from southampton so that night we put our photos up and look through them with a bottle of champagne and then immediately after I go out on the town with the girls so that I don't have too much time to think and I remember being at home is fun too!

3. Keep in touch with the people you met on board so that you can not bore the rest of the world with "when i was on the ship...". You can share memories together and also they are probably as down as you!

4. Eat a decent meal, if necessary go out for one because there is nothing worse than trying to put a rubbish meal together from the back on the cupboard stock after you have had all that lovely food!

5. Be happy that it happened and keep yourself busy so you don't think about it too much!

My boyfriend and I went on Majesty of the Seas ( RCI ) May 2009 for a 4 night cruise but spent 1 night in Miami before the cruise. We booked our 2nd cruise together onboard our ship! Our last night on the ship we booked another cruise for 11/2009. That was our way of beating the "going home blues" hehe. Plus we had a 4:50 pm flight coming home the day we were leaving so it gave us time to say goodbye to people and take a good look at Miami before going home. We are going on Navigator in November. Heard thats a beautiful ship.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived