passports arrived with the help of a senator

di43

My family applied on April 6 and and after the 9th week of not even showing up in the passport system, I decided to contact my state senator and see if they could at least find out if we were being processed. I was getting a little nervous because my husband is a naturalized citizen and needed either the passport or another copy of his naturalization papers(just so you all know out there its not that easy to get another copy). They told me that indeed they were being processed, but could not get them to me any faster because it was not 14 days before my trip. A short time after that the PTB decided that all you needed was proof that you applied for a passport and a DL to get onto the ship. I was not worried now because I spoke with a few diffrent supervisors from Carnival and they all assured my that my husband would not have a problem. Well, yesterday I got a call from Sen. Pallone's office and they expedited them for me and they arrived this morning. A big thank you goes out to his office for helping me out! I didn't think they still had all my information. Its nice to know that some people really do follow through. I can now cruise with no worries!

Archived