Anyone have clothes damaged by laundry services onboard?

Has anyone had any problems with the Royal Caribbean laundry services? I would like to pack less and utilize the laundry service. I'm worried about them shrinking cotton items. Awhile back on a Disney Wonder cruise, I had the ship clean my white sweater brand new from Land's End and they shrunk it about 3 sizes.

Never had a bit of a problem but have only used the service maybe 3 times in 13 cruises.........but like you........I'm beginning to pack less and use the service more.

Never had a bit of a problem BUT used the "special instructions" carefully ..... like: no starch no iron cold water only etc ..... they seem to be careful to understand the specail instructions.

I have had my laundry done many times and haven't ever had any trouble. I had a silk/linen pantsuit done one time because I got gravy on it and they did a marvelous job on it. I wouldn't worry at all.

Enjoy your cruise.

I have not had any problems, but then again, I only give them the items that can be washed in warm water and placed in the dryer. I have never given my "gentle/delicate" items for them to launder (both on a cruise or on our land vacations at resorts/hotels). I do get a bit paranoid about the shrinkage thing, so I only send out socks, underwear, jeans, pajamas, and that's about it.

Never had a bit of a problem but have only used the service maybe 3 times in 13 cruises.........but like you........I'm beginning to pack less and use the service more.[/quote]

Smart man!!!!!:) That does work much better than hauling along a bunch of clothes. Especially if you like to arrive a couple of days early for pre-cruise at your departure city.

I never had anything ruined by the laundry.

However, on our cruise on the Freedom last fall, I had a pair of Khaki capri that got stained with soot from our balcony. Guest relations was good about it and offered to have the laundry clean them free of charge to me. When I got them back they had included a note apologizing for not being able to get all the soot off. The only place I found any discoloration was in the seams where they couldn't clean all the stitches. I doubt anyone could have done a better job and I was impressed that they pointed out that they knew it was not a perfect cleaning.

Never a problem!

I packed in one medium suit case for a 10 night cruise....knowing I was going to use the laundry...worked out fantastically. I even have them do my silk Tommy Bahamas....

Very happy with service and price!

BILL

Has anyone had any problems with the Royal Caribbean laundry services? I would like to pack less and utilize the laundry service. I'm worried about them shrinking cotton items. Awhile back on a Disney Wonder cruise, I had the ship clean my white sweater brand new from Land's End and they shrunk it about 3 sizes.

We have used laundry and dryclean services without a problem. And there charges are less than our local cleaner...that's why I carry a bag of dirty clothes onto the cruise with me! :)

LL

I tend to have items dry cleaned, rather than laundered if I fear any shrinkage. Most of the time, I pack knits that I can wash myself by hand and do not wrinkle. We send T-shirts and socks without any problems though.

Funny story, my husband on his first cruise (before us) sent his tighty whities out for laundering, along with some socks a couple of shirts. He marked "no starch", I think they misunderstood. He said his underwear stood up on the counter by themselves they were so stiff with starch :D

Archived