Does Oceania gives a credit for air ?

cruiseluv

Based on what I have read on message boards, the answer is yes. A quick call to Oceania or your TA can confirm this and tell you how much credit is available for the cruise that you are considering. The most common figure that I have seen is $500.

We received a $500 per person credit for the free air on the 2005 European cruise we signed up for onboard Regatta earlier this summer. The free air is BULK air so you are at their whims. With frequent flier upgrades and convenience of schedule this was our preferred approach.

This is actually quite nice. If you do a quick search on internet air ticket sites, you will find the range of "open jaw" ticket prices for comparison. For example, from North America to Europe, it ranges from a low of $500 between New York and London/Stockholme low season, to some $1600 between Vancouver (Canada is usually more expensive) and Rome/Athens high season. So if you live on the East Coast, take your refund credit and buy your own, and if you live on the West Coast and want to save money, "endure" a little and take Oceania's free air. Of course, if you can afford it (Oceania's "bulk rate" tickets are usually not "upgradable"), take the credit and fly business class, it is a lot more comfortable for sure. This present arrangement should give enough flexibility and choice to please most people!

Jan,

What is the correct amount of credit given if you use your own air? We booked a future cruise on the Regatta onboard and we were told the credit was $500. I've read posts that people have received $600 credit on Athens to Rome. I'd appreciate any information.

Joan

It is at this time $300 to $800 depending on the trip..but this is constanly changing..FYI all the Oceania prices will be going up at the beginning of September for 2005..call your TA to book ASAP!!

Jan

We understood the amount of the credit depended on your "gateway" city. Our credit was $600 pp. I wanted to use FF miles and go business class instead. That said, what a nightmare that has been. We have not been able to put together an itinerary that leaves from our home city and will have to book our own tickets to Atlanta. Still much cheaper than the amount of credit we got but not what I was expecting.

Archived