Packing for Vancouver to Auckland Cruise

Mikey2611

I wonder if anyone has previously done the Vancouver/LA to Auckland Cruise in Sept/Oct. I ask because I am trying to determine what type of clothes I should be packing. I am assuming that from LA until we get close to New Zealand will be warm/hot and shorts and S/S shirt/T Shirts during the day will be fine. Dont know what to expect when we approach NZ in mid October but my guess is that it will be cool and perhaps rainy. Hence slacks and warmer clothes might be needed. I will be staying in NZ for about 9 days when we arrive. Anyway any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Not taking a Tux on this cruise - dark suit only and perhaps a sports jacket - will I be out of place.

Hi, if you get the same weather we had last year you can throw away your winter woollies till you get down close to NZ. Our weather in mid to late October can be windy, wet and cool. In fact on the 27 October last year when we disembarked in Auckland the wind factor was distinctly cool, but that was only in the wind. Its still spring down here, so layers is all you will need, a wind jacket will be a good start. Don't suggest you carry any winter clothes at all. It was quite warm when we left Vancouver and I think you are even earlier than we were last year, a couple of days down to LA, the crossing to Hawaii was calm and warm and then of course down through the South Pacific was humid, sticky and hot.

Hope this helps.

Val

Many thanks. It sounds like it is pretty much what I thought. As I will be staying with relatives in Wellington, I am sure they have a spare wooly jumper if its cold otherwise I will pack for Spring/Summer.

85 days and counting........

Archived