Visa for Vietnam

Argentinetraveler

We are taking the October 1 Sapphire Princess cruise. Can anybody tell me wether you need a visa for Vietnam if you take the Princess shore excursions? Thanks...

Hi there, :)

Have you seen the roll call for this cruise?

The last time we were in Vietnam on the Diamond, Princess organised the visas on board. I believe it will be the same on this trip. See you aboard, Meg :)

Thank you so much for replying. I though so. I'll chek out. the roll call.

JORGE

Hi there, :)

Have you seen the roll call for this cruise?

The last time we were in Vietnam on the Diamond, Princess organised the visas on board. I believe it will be the same on this trip. See you aboard, Meg :)

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed on the Sapphire last November, and they took care of the Vietnam visas on the ship. It was ridiculously cheap (under $20/person) and added to the stateroom bill automatically. This information came with our cruise paperwork a month before sailing.

This was actually one of my annoyances with Princess on our cruise. We're used to getting visas for our cruises, because DH is Indian (he needed 6 others for that cruise alone!). By the time we got our paperwork from Princess, we'd already obtained our own multiple-entry tourist visas from the Vietnam embassy (for over $40/person). On the ship, we told them we already had the visas, and asked if we could avoid the additional charge for new visas (even though it wasn't much). They said that was fine, and to tell them after Vietnam if it showed up. It did, so we went and told them. After talking to half a dozen people who couldn't tell us anything useful, someone told us that we had the "wrong kind" of visas, so we needed to pay for the new ones issued by the ship. I'm convinced that baloney, since the dates were correct, they were multiple-entry visas (for multiple ports), and we'd explained to the embassy staff exactly what we were doing. I think they just couldn't separate our two passports from the pile of thousands. But I don't know why they couldn't just refund our few dollars, especially considering we spent ages waiting for people to run around and find someone who could explain what happened.

Oh, well. Moral of this story? Don't get a Vietnam visa until you have your Princess paperwork, because you may not be able to use it! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
We are taking the October 1 Sapphire Princess cruise. Can anybody tell me wether you need a visa for Vietnam if you take the Princess shore excursions? Thanks...

Please make sure that you do not need a visa for Vietnam as the government has the special policy for the cruise passengers.

By the way, can you let me know the online schedule of Saphire Princess as we have some passengers who book our tours in Nha Trang.

http://www.indochina-packagetours.com

Archived