Help! Has anyone hiked Sawtooth...or...how difficult is an advanced excursion?

Christina78

Can anyone with experience help a first time cruiser? I want to do the Sawtooth Mountain Hike in Skagway this Septemper, and it is listed as the most difficult level. But difficult is relative! :confused: I am 25 and in perfect health, but not exactly the athletic type. I have hiked some of the smaller peaks in the Adirondacks, but it really took a lot out of me.

Has anyone done this particular hike or one of the other difficult level hikes and have some advice for me? What age/expert level were other people in the group? Could an average person in good health do these excursions, or are these for really athletic people? I would really hate to slow down the group if it's a bunch of strapping young men and myself. Also, my mom wants to do the hike, she is 50ish and in great health, but is this hike out of the question for older people?

If anyone can help, thank you so much. I have already been given incorrect information from the reps at Royal Caribbean, and don't really trust their expertise.

Christina

I just pulled up Celebrity's trail description. This is the Denver Glacier trail, which is a moderate hike along the Skagway River with little elevation gain. The trail has some uneven rocky sections, but you'll have no problems. Have fun!

Murray

• 2 weeks later...

Archived