Celebrity Transatlantic April 2008

BounderFL

HI this will be our second cruise with Celebrity, enjoyed the Summit 2 years old. Have never taken a transatlantic cruise so I am interested in any information on tours that you all have taken. Have read that the ocean is rough and some people have been sea sick. Carolyn & Bill:)

The Atlantic can be unpredictable. Are you taking a southern route, or northern?

We took the Connie last year, '06, eastbound, and did experience a couple of rough sea days. We took our Bonine, and didn't experience any sea-sick issues at all. But if you are inclined to seasickness...take the Bonine, or whatever you prepare to bring...BEFORE you feel sick.

Karyn

:cool:

HI this will be our second cruise with Celebrity, enjoyed the Summit 2 years old. Have never taken a transatlantic cruise so I am interested in any information on tours that you all have taken. Have read that the ocean is rough and some people have been sea sick. Carolyn & Bill:)

Check out the Roll Call for the Constellation 4/11/08 Eastbound (by Alfiemom). It's a VERY active thread with lots of information. We're at 26 pages so far:eek:

Have you registed for the Connections Party? I think we have 36 people so far that have registered for the get together

Looking forward to meeting you in April 08!:)

the North Atlantic is rougher than the south Atlantic. I did the Millenium Ft. Lauderdale- Barcelona in May of 2005 and it was not rough at all. I was really surprised.

We were on the Constellation this year. It left FLL on April 13. The engineer "poured on the coal" so we outran the storm that went up the East Coast that weekend. The cruise wasn't totally smooth, but there were very few problems.

On the other hand, the crossings of two ships that left a day or two later were reported to be very rough.

So, as an earlier responder indicated, there are no certainties or guarantees.

Art

Archived