photography

please can anyone tell me if there are opportunities for private "photo shoots" (not the right words - but what I mean is an opportunity to get some more natural but professionally taken photos) on board. A friend of mine did this on a different cruise line and her photos are great

thanks for reading

Not sure if I get this the right way. Are you talking about getting some appointment with one of the ships photographers and then let´s say have a few pics taken let´s say somewhere on deck or elsewhere?

If that´s your question I don´t know but it can´t hurt to ask for sure and I can imagine them doing this.

I know they do special group photos when asked.

Most ships these days do a whole lot beyond the basic formal night portrait! One night they will do informals, one night black and whites, even one night funny poses like lying on the floor! They are also around taking candids in many places which can be quite good. All of these are at the regular photo prices.

If you truly want a "private" shoot with a photog, I bet it can be arranged, but of course you would have to pay top prices for the exclusive time.

Have a GREAT cruise!

please can anyone tell me if there are opportunities for private "photo shoots" (not the right words - but what I mean is an opportunity to get some more natural but professionally taken photos) on board. A friend of mine did this on a different cruise line and her photos are great

thanks for reading

I asked one photographer if they ever came into Portofinos as my husband was having a special birthday celebrations.

Oh yes madam you can book one for $75, thank you says I and where do I sign up for that? and promptly left.

We made do with our own and had a super one taken at the table in the dining room one evening.

Mrs Makem

They had certain times that the photographers were available to take photos on formal nights and also for casual photos on other nights. Seems like the busiest times was between the 1st and 2nd dining times (around 7pm to 9pm). They have times after 2nd dinner seating and that was the best time to go, no lines and plenty of time to pose for pictures without feeling rushed!

I read your post in a completely different way than everyone else and forgive me if I am the one who misunderstood.

are you talking about "nude" shoots?

If so, I would suggest you first contact customer service. Ask if you can be directed to whomever is in charge of photography.

If that nets you nothing, once onboard, go to the photography manager and ask.

Archived