Excursions Puntarenas

cva-reisen

hi and hello from switzerland

booked panama-cruise westbound on radiance of the seas for spring 2008. hard to make a decision for an excursion by RCCL: Costa Ricain Traditions with a coffee-farm oder la paz waterfalls gardens. Which tour is more interesting? Temperature in the midland?

Have read, that on la paz waterfalls you have to take some steps up the hill -is it also ok for my mum - an older lady?

thank you all for your comments

marcus

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there are some serious stairs there. However, you can "hang around" the lodge and still lots of lovely things and some great butterflies and birds. It is high enough so that the weatehr should be mild. I'd guess highs of around 25 C and a bit higher in the warm season.

My 80-year old in-laws (ok, they were 75 at the time) happily climbed the stairs, by the way.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
What else is there to do in Puntarenas, Costa Rica...we are not interested in Zipline ...but would be interested in La Paz waterefalls...where do I find info.:confused: .We are sailing on the Coarl Princess April 25, 2008.

Dannish as I Mentioned on a previous thread just go to Search this forum and put in Puntarenas excursions and all sorts of info comes up.

Marilyn

We did the La Paz Waterfalls Tour on our cruise with Celebrity a few years ago. Considering the distance (somewhere between 1.5 and 2 hours from port each way), we opted to go on a ship's tour. It was great. We saw a lot of the countryside on the bus ride.

Once there, our guide took us to the butterfly conservatory, the hummingbird garden, and then we followed the path to see the waterfalls. It was an easy path (dry when we were there, but I understand it can be muddy). There were stairs, but they were easy to walk. If you want to get close to the big falls, you will need some kind of raingear; you can get really wet. Otherwise, the overlooks provide a dry experience. The bus met us at the end and took us back to the main building where we had lunch in the dining room on the second floor - great views from the balcony (few tables on the balcony so you have to go up as soon as you arrive back at the building).

What else is there to do in Puntarenas, Costa Rica...we are not interested in Zipline ...but would be interested in La Paz waterefalls...where do I find info.:confused: .We are sailing on the Coarl Princess April 25, 2008.

Loved your photos on the balcony dinner. Was that on a Princess ship?

The food looks beautiful. I hope it was as good as it looked.:p Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived