Denver to San Juan

sharonb511

Just curious what anybody thinks about airfare from Denver to San Juan, PR the last week in January. It's hovering around 400.00 right now and I have no idea if that's just about as cheap as it's going to get. Anyone out there no the highs and lows of that route???? Thanks tons!! We need to book but don't want to say later... 'dang, should have waited'!!

Go to FareCompare. Enter your city, then go to the Advanced Historical Graphs, where you can see how things have been in the past. Combined with the forward fares listed, you can get some idea of where you stand. You are a bit on the high side - I'd give it a bit and keep checking. Mostly, I'd be keeping an eye on availability - Expert Flyer, Seat Counter and KVS are a couple of tools for those who really want to poke around on the availability side of the equation.

FareCast gives airfare predictions, but only in a 90 day window. But you might want to check them out as well (though knowing from FareCompare that the fares in January are higher than for this fall).

Also recognize that the inventory will be diminishing as other cruisers book flights, especially for return on date of arrival back in SJU.

As always, this advice is my opinion only -- the final judgments have to be those of the purchaser.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I booked in January when Continental was offering tickets for $200 per person. We have to fly the red-eye home but that means we get an extra day in San Juan. We were looking at the cruise and when Continental offered the deal, we jumped on it. The sale lasted only 2 days, so if you ever see a good fare, jump on it. We leave in a week, can't wait!

Archived