Typically what times do you leave and return?

sassafrass

What time does the itinerary say you will be leaving? Typically, if it says you will be leaving Jax at 4:00 p.m., you will be departing as close to that time as possible. Anything can happen to delay the departure, but out of 13 cruises, we've only been delayed more than 45 minutes to an hour once or twice.

We haven't gotten out stupid itenary yet. It's in February. I am just wondering if it would be realistic to leav JAX airport on a fligh that leaves at noon, probably safer to do 1:00 or 2:00 but of course that option is more expensive.:D

If you're already booked then there are several ways to find out the scheduled times for embarkation and the times you are expected to be in ports. For one thing, you can look on Carnival's Web site or Travelocity or any of several other sites to see this. Plug in the date, ship and port and it should come up.

It's easy to find the times online, but if you haven't cruised before you probably wouldn't know about what time you'd be getting off the ship on the last morning. I looked up the itinerary for the Celebration in Feburary (on the Carnival website) and the ship leaves Jax at 4:00 p.m. Of course, you will want to arrive in town (preferably the day before) with plenty of time to get on your ship without worrying if airline delays will cause you to miss your cruise. As far as your return flight after the cruise, I definitely wouldn't book anything before noon. You will most likely be off the ship by 10:00, but things can happen to delay debarkation.

We haven't gotten out stupid itenary yet. It's in February. I am just wondering if it would be realistic to leav JAX airport on a fligh that leaves at noon, probably safer to do 1:00 or 2:00 but of course that option is more expensive.:D

Why not fly in the day before. We fly in from the west, so usually have a least one trasfer. We like to do that to make sure we arrive and our bags arrive. It leaves us time to get rested, then we are fresh boarding.

Some of our experiences........We did one of our first cruises flying a red eye into San Juan. We spend the first day (sea day) just recovering from the flight. Another time we flew into Ft Lauderdale via Chicago. We made the connection, but our bags didn't. I went out to the airport the next morning and got them. If we had flown the day of embarkation we would have had to wait at least three days for our bags to catch up to us.

Yes we are definitely flying in a day before. It's actually much cheaper to NOT fly on Valentine's day. We may take a red eye so i wanted to be sure we could sleep a bit late.

Even tho your ship departs at 4PM, you can probably board by noon. Sometimes even a little sooner. There will be a party atmosphere aboard and food on the Lido deck. So board early, grab a fru-fru drink, [or 2] have some lunch, and explore the ship. It is the first day of your cruise.

If the Jax airport is close to the port, a noon flight out may be possible. Sorry, I have no idea where the Jax airport is located.

Dan

I believe Carnival suggests no outbound flights before 1pm....just to be on the safe side. I'd hate to book an early flight and be frantic about getting to the airport on time. You're nice and relaxed after a wonderful voyage...why end it in panic mode?:)

We ave cruising out of Jacksonville and I am wondering typically what time do you leave and return on the ship?

If you did self assist to get off and had transportation waiting you could easily make a 11am flight. The whole key is the waiting transportation.A limo would do it.Many people are not arriving at 7.45am so getting an inbound cab is tough.The amount of cabs are too thin at that time.

Archived