Carnival or RCCL

cruzlover

We are looking at either the Carnival Liberty or Brilliance of the Seas in April 08. The Liberty is an 8 day and BoS is a 10 day. We've done both lines and would be happy with either. Any thoughts?

Since you posted this on the Panama Canal board I'll assume that you are particularly interested in the Canal. The Brilliance does a partial transit of the Canal where the Liberty only stops in Colon. I think the partial transit gives you a much better feel for the Canal, really intersting to see your ship squeeze through the locks. After the ship locks up into Gatun Lake passenger who have tours booked leave the ship for their repective tours. Those who choose to remain on board lock back down Gatun Locks where the ship proceeds to Cristobal and docks. At the Cristobal pier there is plenty of opportunity to buy souvenirs. Besides how could you go wrong with a cruise that is two days longer?:D

Since you posted this on the Panama Canal board I'll assume that you are particularly interested in the Canal. The Brilliance does a partial transit of the Canal where the Liberty only stops in Colon. I think the partial transit gives you a much better feel for the Canal, really intersting to see your ship squeeze through the locks. After the ship locks up into Gatun Lake passenger who have tours booked leave the ship for their repective tours. Those who choose to remain on board lock back down Gatun Locks where the ship proceeds to Cristobal and docks. At the Cristobal pier there is plenty of opportunity to buy souvenirs. Besides how could you go wrong with a cruise that is two days longer?:D

Thanks for the info. I'll have to do a lot more research on the canal. I know there is a full transit and partial transit but didn't realize there was another option, that being a stop in Colon. I'm leaning toward RCCL anyway.

Cruzlover,

Last year I went on a 13 day cruise to the Panama on Serenade of the seas. By far, this was the best cruise I have ever gone on. Seeing that big ship go through the locks is indescribable. We visited some phenomenal ports and we had private excursions arranged at each port. Arranging the private tours made the trip much more enjoyable I would suggest going one way through the locks as you can see more. We left out of san diego and ended up in Puerto Rico. My vote would be for BOS

• 4 weeks later...

Archived