Fascination - 3 Day Review

Just got off the Fascination, my first 3 day cruise. In my party there was a 24 year old, 27 year old and a 19 year old. We have cruised before but only on the 7 days, larger ships.

Embarkation:

We arrived at the port at 11 am, there was a small line, but nothing major. We got on in less than 20 minutes. We did not have any luggage to check in, since we only a small bag each, along with a cooler (one of the ones you fold up) filled with soda and water.

Room:

We were on the Riviera deck. The ship was recently refurbished, the showers were larger than expected. I liked them better than the ones on the Liberty and Valor, they seemed larger. Not enough storage space in the bathrooms for your regular bathroom things, but it is only a 3 day cruise, so we packed light.

Slept great!!! Love the Carnival bedding, and there was no noise.

Food:

When we got on, we went to have lunch on the Lido. I was not impressed with the food on the lido, however everyone else in my party was, so it could be because I am picky. The grill was the typical grill, I loved it. The pizza is another thing I am not a fan of, in any ship, but it was also the typical pizza. The calzones were great! The dinning food was amazing!

Shows and entertainment:

I love the shows, on all the ships. I did not like the embarkation show on this one, but I did love the Latin and the far from over. I think the best dancers are on this ship, along with great singers! I was disappointed with the piano bar, every time I would go over the piano man was not there. I would go at all the hours that the capers stated it opened, and it was not. L I am a big piano bar lover, so that was kind of sad. The nightclubs were the usual, a taste of Asia had great live music, it’s a must see.

Nassau:

We did Cable Beach, we wanted something quieter than Paradise Island, since we had been there before. We took a cab, they are $5 a person, plus tip. Not recommended. After doing that once, we decided to just take the bus #10, and its only a $1 per person, and they are comfortable, with AC and music videos playing. We felt safe, everyone was friendly, and they take you everywhere as well at a better price.

There was a festival going on near the pier, we went ahead and got a chance to eat great food and hang out with the locals. There was dancing, food, and you got a chance to learn about the culture and the typical dances and costumes that they wear. The festival was at the Fish Fry. The restaurants around the Fish Fry were great as well. Tried out one of the best desserts I have ever had, “Guava Duff” with rum. Yummy! It was great because I really wanted to do something typical from the Bahamas, and the Fish Fry was the best opportunity for that. J

Fun Day at Sea:

The pools were crowded, but you could find a deck chair near the pool. However the adult only hot tubs are not enforced, and all the pools and tubs were invaded by children, so I just laid out and enjoyed the sun. I played some miniature golf, and that was fun. I loved the observation deck, and spent a majority of my day doing that. I loved the ice carving, and the hairy man contest was the typical, funny at parts.

Debarkation:

I did the self debarkation, and it was no line no wait. It was the quickest and best way of getting off the ship I have ever experienced. We were off the ship in 10 minutes. I think I will try that from now on!

Hope this was helpful, feel free to ask questions. :D

Archived