PV Zip line in summer ?

bunnkins

Hi, has anyone done this during the hot and hummid summer months? We have it booked for our July cruise and now I'm wondering how hummid it will be and if bugs will be a big problem. The kids are really excited about it so backing out probaly isnt an option but I want to be prepared.

Also can you do the zipline and carry a back pack with waters and sunscreen?

Thanks

Hi, has anyone done this during the hot and hummid summer months? We have it booked for our July cruise and now I'm wondering how hummid it will be and if bugs will be a big problem. The kids are really excited about it so backing out probaly isnt an option but I want to be prepared.

Also can you do the zipline and carry a back pack with waters and sunscreen?

Thanks

... to where you come from. As a Wisconsinite, I wouldn't be caught dead in PV in July; however, being from San Diego it might be like your own back yard. Make no doubt about it, it will be hot & humid. Bugs can always be a problem in a tropical rain forest but I haven't noticed them much. Take and use bug spray and it will be OK.

What you take with you on the excursion will depend on which zip line excursion you have/will booked. There are several and each has its own set of rules. I have been on the ship's tour (Vallarta Adventures) and the Los Veranos tour. VA will not allow you to carry anything with you where as LV let us carry a camera and a rather large fanny pack. I think a backpack would be a problem.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the imput. here in San Diego we rarley have humidity. We live over the hills from teh beach and are more deserty thatn anything. We are used to high heat though.

I looked on carnival websit to see what company it is but it doesnt say. it does say bottled water and snack provided. Does that mean 1 bottle do you think? I am an avid walker and training for the 3 day breast cancer walk. I know how importnant it is to stay hydrated so I am concerened about that on this tour. Plus I really want to take my camera to get shots of the kids doing this. do you know which company Carnival usues for the basic canopy tour? it sounds like you've done bothe through the cruise.

Thanks!

Thanks for the imput. here in San Diego we rarley have humidity. We live over the hills from teh beach and are more deserty thatn anything. We are used to high heat though.

I looked on carnival websit to see what company it is but it doesnt say. it does say bottled water and snack provided. Does that mean 1 bottle do you think? I am an avid walker and training for the 3 day breast cancer walk. I know how importnant it is to stay hydrated so I am concerened about that on this tour. Plus I really want to take my camera to get shots of the kids doing this. do you know which company Carnival usues for the basic canopy tour? it sounds like you've done bothe through the cruise.

Thanks!

All cruiselines use Vallarta Adventures.

... I looked on carnival websit to see what company it is but it doesnt say. it does say bottled water and snack provided. Does that mean 1 bottle do you think? I am an avid walker and training for the 3 day breast cancer walk. I know how importnant it is to stay hydrated so I am concerened about that on this tour. Plus I really want to take my camera to get shots of the kids doing this. do you know which company Carnival usues for the basic canopy tour? it sounds like you've done bothe through the cruise.

Thanks!

Cruise lines use Vallarta Adventures for their Vallarta "Canopy" tour. Any ship's excursion that has the word "adventure" in it is run by Vallarta Adventures. Their web site can be found at: http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/

Of all the zip line excursions in PV, the one run by Vallarta Adventures was established as a classic tree-top-to-tree-top eco tour. The rest are basic thrill rides that typically span a river valley. I have done both the VA eco tour and the Los Veranos zip lines. http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/index.htm

I enjoyed both; however, most cruisers find the variety of tour times offered by Los Veranos supports their time utilization in Vallarta better.

Vallarta Adventures (and any company that has tours booked thru the cruise industry) will not sell direct to you if you arrive on a cruise ship. You can still save money by booking tours offered on the ship by booking thru a third party tour broker such as http://www.vallartaonline.com/ and http://www.puertovallartatours.net/. Both are very reliable.

We use Vallarta Adventures for a variety of tours each year. They are very good at making sure people have access to plenty of bottled water. Since the VA canopy tour is tree-top to tree-top, there is a limited amount of physical stress involved so carrying water with you is not important. Cameras, due to the gloves you wear, are not an option on the VA canaopy tour.

Enjoy!

Archived