Weather to Hawaii

Solara

February and March is Hawaii's winter season (Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar) and similarly when the mainland gets snow during that time, Hawaii will get rain. The temperatures will still be nice, but be prepared for rain....sometimes it is just in the morning and by noon it is sunny and sometimes it will rain longer....however, anytime of year is a great time to go.

We went to Hawaii in Mid January and the weather was pretty good. It was about 72 on the Islands and rained twice for about two hours. Our crossing was pretty good as well but it is unpredictable. The cruise before us had pretty rough seas.

Overall, we were very happy with our weather and we really enjoyed our cruise. I think it is hard to pick a perfect month to go - we were told it is pretty much a crap shoot weather wise.

Have a great cruise.:)

My first time to Hawaii was in early March and there was a heavy rain while (we heard "gale") while in Kauai. The next time was in November and there was a little rain here and there. Our cruise was in late December and we didn't see any rain at all, even in Hilo. Very nice weather. But rough seas leaving San Pedro. While we were on the cruise California got hit with a lot of rain.

We are thinking of going to Hawaii in either February or March. How is the weather???? Would there be a better time of the year to go??? We can be flexible......

We went to Hawaii in Feb of '05 on Island Princess and it was quite chilly the first 2 days and the last 2 days.It was also quite rough on the return trip.We also missed Maui due to high winds and rain.Pools had to be emptied coming back as the water was overflowing due to the heavy seas.The weather was great the 5 days in the Islands.

We went to Hawaii in February 2006. It was chilly on deck on the crossing there and back, but we had very nice weather in Hawaii. It rained some, but we were fortunate in that the rains just lasted a few minutes them blew on by us. The water temps in the ocean were too cool for me, but my husband enjoyed the water. I enjoyed sitting on the beach.

We really enjoyed this cruise, but I think the weather is unpredictable. I took 5 warm-up suits and I can't tell you how many people on the ship mentioned that they wished they had my warm-up suit. If you do go this time of year take some type of slightly warmer clothing and be prepared to not be able to use the pools on sea days, unless you have a high tolerance to lower temps.

Just my two cents' worth. We took the Island Princess 15-day Hawaii cruise this year end of March into early April. The first couple of sea days were a somewhat rough (due to the California Current that you cross on the way out), and it was too cold and windy on the balcony to use it. It warmed up to the low 70s approaching the islands. It was upper 70s or low 80s while in the islands, we never had any rain, very lucky! I did wear a light sweater on Kauai (but then we're from Tucson, where it's considerably warmer in March, we had had 90s the week before).:D

Have a wonderful cruise! This was one of our favorites.

We did the last cruise of the season the 26th of April this yr. It was rough the first day out of LA but after that it was nice and calm. The weather on the Islands was in the 80's. On the way back it got cooler and very windy, IT was a great cruise.

Archived