Sea world

TMILLER762

Does anyone know the way to get to Sea World for the day from the port ? We've been to the port several times previously, and finding a cab has been difficult. We don't want to rent a car for the 8 hours we'll be in port, so whatever other alternatives you guys can come up with would be great. Thanks in advance.

The easiest way would be to call a cab, but if you want to use public transit, www.sdcommute.com says...

FROM: BROADWAY PIER TO: SEA WORLD1. walk 0.2 mile E from BROADWAY PIER to SANTA FE DEPOT TROLLEY STATION

2. At 09:13 AM take the BLUE LINE TROLLEY signed BLUE OLD TOWN

3. Get off the stop at OLD TOWN TRANSIT CENTER at approximately 09:25 AM.

4. At 09:37 AM take the MTS BUS route 9 SEA WORLD/PB/MSSN BCH/OLD TOWN

5. Get off the stop at SEA WORLD at approximately 09:52 AM.

6. walk 0.1 mile NW to SEA WORLD

CAA, Thanks for the info, we hadn't even thought of calling a cab, cuz you know what a mess that port area can be. We thought Sea World was further away than 40 minutes by mass transit, but if it's that near the port, perhaps there is a shuutle of some kind that goes from the port to the park. Any ideas?

There is no shuttle. If there were, it would be covered on the site that has already been specified and spelled out for you. There are usually plenty of cabs at the pier and, if not, just walk out to Harbor Drive and you should find several near the excursion boats.:) :)

Mass transit in San Diego is not rapid. 40 minutes is pretty good to get the 5 miles or so to Sea World on a bus/trolley combo. I agree....take a cab. You can find them on Harbor Drive, or stop in the cruise terminal and one of the Traveler's Aide volunteers will call one for you.

And I am now agreeing with Splinter on this!

Get a cab!

I have had 3 business trips in the past few years, where for business reasons I had no car, and had to stay in a hotel right outside Seaworld (so I could host events at night to watch the Seaworld Fireworks:D )...

But, then down to San Diego downtown proper, or airport or port area during the day.

Did it by public transport a couple of times, and although nice and adequate if you have the time...

For me not worth the cost factor over the time factor.

After doing the public transport a couple of times, I use cabs now ever since!;)

The extra $s are totally worth it for the time and convenience factor alone...

My two cents...

CJW

... cuz you know what a mess that port area can be. ...

If you're visiting San Diego in the middle of a cruise (as opposed to embarking/debarking there when multiple ships are in port), then I don't think that area is particularly bad. Harbor Drive is a busy street, but traffic moves through at a good pace. As a local, it's not one of the areas I try to avoid if it's on the most direct route to where I want to go.

If you have a tough time finding a cab on Harbor Drive for some reason, walk across the street to the Holiday Inn. They probably have a cab stand, and if not, they should certainly be able to call one for you.

Archived