internet and msn

ciska40

hi everyone,

Its been a while since i have posted a thread but I have been ill for a while now so thats why.

I wanted to ask if someone on the board have ever been on msn on the zuiderdam or other ship. is it possible can you chat on window messenger or msn my daughter wants to talk to her boyfriend while we are on the cruise:p

and can we pay per minut or do we have to buy a package???

Love Ciska;)

Ciska....

To answer your question about chatting using MSN. the answer is yes you can. When I was on the Oosterdam in April '04 I chatted for a FEW and it worked fine.

Internet rates are very EXPENSIVE...anywhere from $.75 per MIN down to $.55 per MIN (based upon buying a package). If you don't mind my saying so.....that is some expensive chat.

What I do is every night before I retire, I work offline and prepare a "diairy" of what I/we did that day etc, and then send it to all my contacts...etc.

It does save some money...

Depending on your itinerary there is significantly less expensive internet time to be found in port. I would definately go with a package option, also paying attention to "specials" where you get bonuses of 10 minute chunks for being a mariner, booking a shore excursion, etc. I ended up getting about 40 extra minutes on my cruise in April for stuff I had already done or was planning to do (spa appointment, etc).

Does Hal have a set up in each cabin...whereas you can e-mail from there?
Yes on Vista ships, generally no on R&S ships. If you have your own laptop computer on a Vista ship you can use dial-up at about 24 kbps. Also, a few lucky cabins near a hot-spot on all three ship classes may be able to detect a usable signal.

thanks everyone for your answers. I think we will buy the 100 minutes for 55 dollar so she can chat with her friends.

Love Ciska

I suggest you sign up on embarkation day, and give them your Mariner number, and you will get "bonus minutes" for both.

Archived