Cabin Choices on the Jewel

My husband and I are looking at the NCL Jewel from Istanbul to Athens, Sept 14-26. It will be our first cruise so I thought I would ask the experts!

I've been getting mixed messages about whether it will become cheaper or more expensive if we wait to book... opinions on this?

Also we don't plan to spend much time in our room so we're planning an inside room. Right now we can either book a specific N (room 4501 or 4503) cabin for $1299 per person, or a guaranteed M cabin for $1499 per person. My understanding is if we book the N then we are there for sure, but if we book the M then we might be upgraded (because there are no M rooms showing on any of the sites) and get an even better room... is this risk worth an extra $400 total?

If all the inside/cheaper cabins are booked already it would stand to reason that the pricing will drop on the better rooms...?

you should looks at another 12 day sailing that is closer by to see the prices that are left. your cruise isn't that far away. however, the problem with waiting is that your airfare will continue to hike. hoping to get a guarantee upgrade from a category m to a balcony or ocean view might be too optimistic. it shows that category j inside still has 8 or so cabins left. so putting in an additional 400 will probably get you on the 8th floor.

if it were me, i would (especially since this is your 1st cruise) go for the GTY catgory H oceanview. there arent any left, so you would be upgraded to a 8th floor oceanview and you would pay 1699 per person. so 800 more. but it is up to you.

Archived