How on time is Carnival?

sherin65

I'm going on Celebration Dec 6-10 out of Jacksonville, FL. The ship schedule shows a 7:00am arrival time back to port on the 10th.

I can get a great price on airfare, however, the plane leaves at 10:55am.

Can I assume that I'll make it?

Is Carnival usually on time?

Sher

You may make it, but the cruiselines recommend a flight after noon...this is why you see flights early in the day or late arrivals are priced lower...the airlines know when people are flying for cruise destinations. Even thought the ship arrives at 7, you have to wait for customs to clear the ship...you can do self disembarkation, but that means carrying all of you luggage yourself through crowds of people...personally, I would not like to stress myself out the last few days of cruising to save some money. Disembarkation is always the worst part of a cruise...why make it any more stressful.

I'm going on Celebration Dec 6-10 out of Jacksonville, FL. The ship schedule shows a 7:00am arrival time back to port on the 10th.

Sher

Carnival says 11am for Jax...Personally that's cutting it too close for me, but sounds like if all goes well you have a good chance of making it.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/debarkation.aspx

What is the earliest I can book my return flight?

Recommended times for outbound air flights.

Anchorage - earliest return flight after 11:00 AM

Ensenada - earliest return flight after 11:05 AM for San Diego; 1:40 PM for Los Angeles International

Ft. Lauderdale - earliest return flight after 12:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale; 1:15 PM for Miami International

Galveston - earliest return flight after 1:30 PM

Honolulu - earliest return flight after 11:20 AM

Jacksonville - earliest return flight after 11:00 AM

Los Angeles - earliest return flight after 12:30 PM for Los Angeles International; 1:30 PM for John Wayne-Santa Ana/Orange County

Miami - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Miami; 12:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale

Mobile - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM

New Orleans - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM

New York – Earliest return flights out of Newark or LaGuardia Airports after 1:00 PM

Port Canaveral – Earliest return flight after 12:00 PM

Rome - earliest return flight after 9:35 AM

San Diego - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM

San Juan - earliest return flight after 12:00 PM

Tampa - earliest return flight after 11:20 AM

Vancouver - earliest return flight after 11:00 AM for Vancouver; 1:50 PM for Seattle

Sher

You won't have time. Consider going through customs, travel time to the airport (allow for construction and/or traffic) and the lines at the airport. I would suggest a later flight.

like caliber said, it all depends on when the ship is cleared and they can begin debarkation. w/ a flight that early i think you'd be wise to do self assist and wait near the area where debarkation will happen. don't get early flight tags. that will put you on line behind platinum and self assist pax. that may prove to be too late for you.

You just had a great relaxing vacation- why would you want the added stress of catching an early flight.

You could do self embarkation- as long as you can carry off all your own luggage with no help.

or ask for early off tags..which will put you off the ship around 9am.

You will have to be at the airport by 9am. Its the securty at the airport that takes the longest.

All ships operate on time as a rule. A mechanical or weather hold up is rare. BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that has little or nothing to do with making an early flight. First hurdle is Customs. They will review the ships paperwork on all US citizens AND they will examine the passports of all foreign nationals. So that number can effect when they clear the ship for debarking. Then there are the onboard S&S accounts, some will have been established with cash or credit cards that do not clear [cash ran out, overlimit cards, etc.]. These MUST be satisfied on a case by case basis. So no customs problems, no money problems and people could be getting off at 8AM. Problems in either or both areas and people could still be onboard at 10AM. Then you face the distance and transportation to the airport and the level of security in place there. Possible to make it? Yes. Stress level? Likely to be very high.

Dan

Thanks to everyone for the good advice. My sis doesn't want to chance it so we're staying overnight(free w/priority points) and taking the same flight the next morning for the same price(143.00Rt from Indy to Jax). We'll still arrive in Indianapolis in the morning and be home by midday so it will be fine.

Sher

Archived