Fort Lauderdale Hotels???

steffie

[quote name='Mrs Butterworth']Interesting, all of orlandomike posts are about bcsexpress....could they be one and the same? Sounds like self-promoting advertising to me[/QUOTE]

Can't be positive, but I do know for certain BC posts under a different name. He doesn't promote his business when posting under that screen name. I don't think they are one and the same though.

• 3 weeks later...
Once again, I am confused as to why so many people use hotwire/priceline. i used to be a VERY consistent bidder, getting excellent deals at many hotels across the country. lately, my experience has been with two chains in particular, westin and sheraton, that the rooms they are giving out are 2 double beds in smoking. this is their policy even if the hotel has other rooms available. the bidding sites have always stated that the rooms are only guaranteed as smoking, double beds. however, in the past, it was very easy to check in and change the rooms. lately the hotels are saying no way. i would be very careful before bidding with any of these services unless you are totally comfortable with 2 doubles in smoking.

HMMM... My recent experience with the FLL area differs greatly from yours. In Sept we used proceline to get La Quinta, FLL airport for our April pre-cruise stay. $41/night + txs etc. When we checked in, we were listed as 2 doubles, non-smoking. I had made no direct contact with the hotel to this point. I kindly requested a king, non-smoking, with a view... and got it. :)

Just last week I booked 4 rooms through Priceline for Mid June pre-cruise. Got AMerisuites for $50/night + txs etc. This time I called the hotel to confirm, as I wanted doubles in 3 rooms. They already had all 4 rooms listed as doubles, non-smoking. I changed one room to a king, no-smoking... no problem...

FWIW, I guess it is the luck of the hotel chain draw :rolleyes: ( or perhaps it has something to do with the star level you bid? We bid 2* airport for the La QUinta, and 2.5* downtown for Amerisuites.. maybe "higher quality" hotels can get away with it so they give you the least disirable rooms?)

A~:)

[quote name='TheWog']Can't be positive, but I do know for certain BC posts under a different name. He doesn't promote his business when posting under that screen name. I don't think they are one and the same though.[/QUOTE]

I know that BCs Express has had some very good reviews and some not very good - do a search. If you click on Orlandomike's name and look at all postings, they all refer to BCs Express.

I am not saying BC is not reputible, I have not used his services.

We have only been to Fort Lauderdale one time, just last month. I have one piece of advice to offer...avoid the Wyndham in Fort Lauderdale, its too far away from anything to be convenient, it was badly in need of maintenance (the elevator was a "thrill ride") and the staff was so-so.

A little off-topic...In the future we hope we don't have to cruise out of Port Everglades again--given a choice & all things being equal we'd choose a Miami departure, nicer hotels near the port, a lot of things to do near the hotels and the Miami cruise terminal itself is much nicer...not to mention the airport, Miami while busier just seemed more well laid out.

I Stayed At The Best Western Marina Last May. It Wasn't Bad, Nothing Special. It Was Somewhere To Sleep, Shower And Get On The Ship Quickly In The Morning. Note: It Was Very Hard To Get Your Luggage From The Second Floor Down To The First Floor.

I have been very happy with my hotels that I have gotten from priceline. So far I have gotten the Radisson Bar Mahia and Marriott Hotel and Marina, both wonderful hotels. I hope I am as lucky for next year for my pre-cruise stay.

Archived