Eagle Ray Divers/Cozumel

hkolln

We booked a 3 snorkel tour thru Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel for our Feb cruise.

Anybody use them while in Cozumel and what did you think of them?

I've been chatting with Chellie via email and they seem very nice!

When are you going to be in Cozumel on your cruise?

I've also been talking with Chellie and really like her. I'll be newly OW Certified by the end of September and I'm impressed with how she has been answering my questions and concerns about doing one of my very first ocean dives. Also, I'm the only person in my group that dives so I have that logistics to figure out.

Pam

Our ship leaves Miami on 2/12/05 and we'll be in Cozumel on 2/17/05.

We were so close to taking the PADI openwater diving class here in town but when we figured it all out it would cost us about 1k for the 2 of us just for the equipment, training, 4 dives to become certified, etc....and decided not to this time around. I would absolutely LOVE to be dive certified but man it costs a heck of alot of money to just get that certification!

We used her last hear and had the time of our lives. The kids are still talking about it and want to go back. The trip really gets you out of Cozumel and into the most peaceful environment possible. Go for it.

You can't go wrong with Eagle Ray!!! We've dove with them twice and the first time there was only 5 divers on the boat, and the second, only 4!!! That's unheard of in most places. They are very personable, and really care about their clients. We will not dive with anyone but them when we are in Coz. We'll be there in Feb. on the Miracle. Tell Chelllie that Bob from the Cruise Fools is looking forward to seeing her again!!!

Have a great time!!!

Capt. Bob

I took eagle ray when I was onshore with the HAL Zuiderdam last year. After hearing v good reviews I contacted them prior, to sort out booking, prices and how to meet up with them. The communication prior to going was great and v friendly. However when I arrived after catching a cab to meet them at where the dive boat departs at the agreed time, no-one was around. Eventually someone turned up and I said I was the one who had booked, they asked if I still really wanted to go (it was raining). I said yes, but they said that the viz was probably poor due to the rain etc and was I sure? Since I've made this part of the trek already (and missed the boats excursions) I still want to go. After a couple of phone calls to the office, we set out. And pick up more people from the hotel piers along the way. Now as you know time at port is fairly limited, so I start clock watching as I'm getting nervous about missing the cruise. I mention were they sure they'd have me back by the agreed time (as per the emails), and then they raise eyebrows and start to speed up the process (seemed to know nothing about me catching my cruise?). Anyway the dives themselves were ok, fairly regular stuff and nice drifts. But they did fail to get me back to port as agreed, by an hour. I made the ship (just in time) but didn't enjoy the faffing around which delayed us by 2 hours. I expect that day they had planned to cancel the diving, but since I had turned up, called around and gathered some more divers together. This of course was the time waster as well as picking everyone up etc. Anyway I hope your dive experience is better than mine. Incidently the viz was about the best I've seen...

Archived