Taku Glacier Jet Boat Expedition in Juneau

suemoon

my family did thid 2 weeks ago. instead of float trip (down river thru peoples backyards from what i have read.)

it was great for our first excusion in alaska (and budget).

took 4 (including 17 & 12 year old.)

picked up at dock.(white school bus) driven to other side of bay (15 min)

loaded in to a fast boat enclosed w/front and back deck to view from.

(now i thought of a jet boat as a highly polished lots of fiberglass type race boat.this was a boat that held 25 but we had 12 so plenty of space.

every on had binoculars in front of them to use. also provided snack on way back)

it was great we went to the glacier (which other glaciers are more impressive) went thruogh some marshy stuff up to waterfalls got plenty of info from our guide brian plenty of nice pictures. i think 3-4 hours.

take the later trip as you can then do things early. go to mendenhall and back. go shopping and so on.

we did it 1:30 so it screwed us up we had to tender and not go far from dock. then when back we were a bit tired and not have enough time time to go to mendenhall(sp).

we liked it :D

Yes we did this at the end of May and throughly loved it. You do get very close to the glacier. In fact the boat also went right up to a waterfall and practically drove right into it. It was a great excursions and highly recommend it. We did the a.m. one and still had plenty of time to do other things.

marilyn

we booked this one thru RCCL sorry no website that i have.

they said they only did this tour a couple of times a week but the have whale watching tours in the same boats most of the week.

ther is a red boat and a blue boat we were in the blue.

My excursion was on the Celebrity site so I am not sure that all cruiselines have this excursion. Maybe you can check the web site of Carnival.

Marilyn

I think someone said and I am not sure about this but just Royal Carribbean and Celebrity have that excursion now. Maybe down the road the other cruiselines might have it.

Marilyn

Archived