Gem cabin #8550 & #8050

missty

I know the Gem isn't out yet. But regarding the other similar ships. We are looking at either of these cabins. #8550 or #8050. They are on deck 8 and considered an obstructed view. But the NCL rep. I talked to said they are not obstructed with any life boats. Does anyone really know if thats true? That would be great if that was the case - obstructed view price for a view.

missty

I know the Gem isn't out yet. But regarding the other similar ships. We are looking at either of these cabins. #8550 or #8050. They are on deck 8 and considered an obstructed view. But the NCL rep. I talked to said they are not obstructed with any life boats. Does anyone really know if thats true? That would be great if that was the case - obstructed view price for a view.

missty

The deck plan shows no lifeboat and I am sure that is what the rep is looking at but if you look at the picture of the Pearl they added a tall smaller boat right ouside that window :eek:

www3625.jpg

deck8.gif

Thank you. I have been thinking today to just move to a balcony. We are already booked, and with the great price reductions, I will still come out a couple hundred dollars ahead, than my oringal price. So, now I am looking at cabin#8048 deck 8. So who knows anything about this cabin? ;o) LOL

missty

Thank you. I have been thinking today to just move to a balcony. We are already booked, and with the great price reductions, I will still come out a couple hundred dollars ahead, than my oringal price. So, now I am looking at cabin#8048 deck 8. So who knows anything about this cabin? ;o) LOLmissty

It's a standard sized balcony cabin, but it has a framed balcony. Shoreguy has a photo that shows the frame from the inside the cabin, here's an photo looking at the ship.

Jewel_closeup.jpg

Here's some photos from NCL's web site:

9551170107365648_GALLERY.jpgjewel-ocv-strm-blc-02.gif

Shoreguy,

Could you please post the photo of the framed balcony? I have one booked on the Gem next April?

Thanks in advance

Sure it should look like this from the inside out - There are advantages - less wind and weather and keeps nosy neighbors from peeking in ;)

framed-balcony-for-site.jpg.a6cae91c023cce80999610a19864a6e3.jpg

Sure it should look like this from the inside out - There are advantages - less wind and weather and keeps nosy neighbors from peeking in ;)

Well, thats the cabin we will keep then! ;) Thanks for your help! Now, just to make the time go by faster!

missty

You Guys are really, really Good. I originaly had cabin 8520 on the Gem for the Dec. crossing. Was concerned about the location and the framed balcony so changed to aft on deck 9. Had I read you post first I would of probably stayed in 8520, but as of now couldn't be happier with the aft cabin. Thanks for all of you wonderful advice. Bill

Archived