Anyone back from Pacific this summer?

jsea

Hello -

I'm looking for any cruisers who travelled on Pacific Princess on one of her Bangkok to Beijing (or vice-versa) itineraries.

1 - How were the ports?

2 - How was the service/ship?

3 - How was the food?

4 - What was the passenger mix like?

5 - And the weather?

Thanks. I am highly doubtful, however, that I will find anyone who did it. Pacific Princess (especially in Asia) doesn't seem to get much conversation on this board.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked that cruise for July 26th 2005 for myself and my 17 yr.old daughter. Would also love to hear from people who have tips on what to see, pre-cruise packages in Beijjing, etc.

E-mail option on this board isn't functional, so I will post my e-mail address here for any responses, too! Thank you in advance for any helpful info!!

Suzie

sprovo@apr.com

I am currently on the Pacific and love everything about it. We were a bit skeptical about such a small ship, but it's great! We boarded in Honolulu August 17th (today we're in Tahiti) and will be on for another 25 days ( toFt. Lauderdale).

BTW, we are booked for July 26, 2005 too and then we'll stay on for another 30 days to Capetown. We already know 4 other couples doing this same itinerary.

Arlene

Wow, Arlene, that sounds fantastic! Wish I could cruise for such an extended vacation! Are you planning to go into Beijing early to do some pre-cruise sightseeing in China? I'm looking into our options for seeing the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xi'an and the Great Wall before boarding the ship on the 26th July. Do you know what type of visa will be necessary for China or if visas are required for the other ports on this itinerary? On such a small ship, I'm sure we will meet on board!

Suzie

Archived