New to Princess--Help on Cabin Selection?

Rina's Mom

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are new to Princess and Alaska. We have cruised on HAL, Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Line. Anyway, we are considering an OV cabin on the Coral Princess southbound out of Alaska in September. We are also interested in a balcony cabin on a Pacific Coast cruise on the Golden Princess (we may do them back to back).

On the Coral Princess there are 4 OV cabins whose windows face the stern of the ship. There is also some kind of deck in the same area. What is that deck? Would people be walking around there? Can you see from your window?

How is it doing an OV on an Alaska cruise? Where do most folks go to watch the sights while cruising?

Finally, on the Golden Princess--are there any "bad" balcony cabins that I should be aware of? We might book a guarantee...

Thank you so much for your help. I have learned through past cruises that the folks that post on each cruiseline's board are full of info that would take me weeks to get on my own--or that I might not get at all!

Hi, I was on the Emerald Deck on the Coral in May. We spent some time on that little deck as we were going through the Panama Canal. Yes people can look right in your windows but all of them had there sheer curtains drawn, you can't see in. It's not a place to relax on (no Chairs) it's great for taking pictures. I think the most annoying thing must be the closing of the door. There were signs on it asking us to close it quietly as we were disturbing the other cabins.

Check out the photo's on TomO's site it's the best I have seen.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Dianne

Hi everyone' date='

.....Finally, on the Golden Princess--are there any "bad" balcony cabins that I should be aware of? We might book a guarantee...

Thank you so much for your help. I have learned through past cruises that the folks that post on each cruiseline's board are full of info that would take me weeks to get on my own--or that I might not get at all![/quote']

A good Balcony is one thing but also try to avoid beeing under any "public Space" like Horizon Court,Pool Area,Kids Fun Zone,Theater etc.

have fun cruising,:)

Archived