Questions about Palo

disneylover79

On the other hand ....

been there, done that and have so big compulsion to go again. At $10 bucks the cost is not a factor. The biggest advantage we see is getting away from the kids for a night, but since dinner as a family is a big thing for us, we're more getting away from the other kids in the dining room. The food was OK ... not a home run ... better than the regular? Maybe for some .... not what I remember. I do remember feeling as, if not more, crowded in Palo than the regular dining rooms....

On a seven day trip it gives a little more variety but on the shorter trips we choose not to skip anything in the basic rotation.

Fun fact - we sailed the first year of operation (7 x DCL now). In the evening you could see into Palo when walking the deck outside and it was empty ..... took a while for people to decide they needed something else.

And last I heard you were still limited to one advance PALO nite ressie per cruise.... altho we got in standby at the day time we wanted w/out problem.

We prefer Palo only for brunch. The food and service is mcuh better because they are not attempting to over reach. Also, the brunch has a fantastic pastry presenation, and the daylight view from Palo is really wonderful.

We prefer Palo only for brunch. The food and service is mcuh better because they are not attempting to over reach. Also, the brunch has a fantastic pastry presenation, and the daylight view from Palo is really wonderful.

The Brunch sounds interesting. Do they only do it on sea days? What is the dress code like for that time of day? Would shorts be exceptable? What could we expect as far as the menu?

The Brunch sounds interesting. Do they only do it on sea days? What is the dress code like for that time of day? Would shorts be exceptable? What could we expect as far as the menu?

Excellent questions:

I believe that the brunch is only on sea days, and it is usually easier to get a brunch reservation than a dinner reservation. The dress code is more relaxed but I would not wear shorts; a skirt or sundress would be fine for her, and dress slacks with an open collar for him. Menu items included prime rib, a multitude of egg dishes, ham and other meats, king crab and shrimp, antipastos, and the finest desserts on the ship. Also......champagne!

My DH and I did Palo for brunch and we loved it! Make sure that you order a Mimosa...the best I've ever had. Our waiter was fabulous and I'm sure we way over tipped him, but it was totally worth it. Although, when my DH was taking picture of the restaurant, he pretty much insisted on being in a few of the pictures...hehehe.

For $10 a person extra it is definately worth it - food is 100x better than the other restaurants onboard. Next time I will make sure I book it for every night of the cruise.

Sorry sweetie, only one Dinner,one Brunch and one High Tea per stateroom,per cruise. :(

Sorry,shorts are never allowed in Palo! Have seen people turned away for trying to get in with them on.

Let me just add to what everyone else has said.

Yes, there is a service charge of $10.00 for dining in Palo's. But, I added $10.00 on top of that for the server.

And only you can tell whether it is worth it, but, for me, Palo's has the best food on the ship, which is why I try to eat there at least once during each cruise.

Could not get a reservation during our 11 night Med cruise on the Disney Magic...happened to get in by asking if they had any space and they did!!! It was far and away one of the best meals we have ever had.....

Totally recommend! :)

I checked on Disney's site and it says that Brunch is on the 4 and 7 day cruises. We will be having a 4 day cruise. We still would like to have dinner as well. Can we book both brunch and dinner with Palo?

Anna

You can do both the brunch and the dinner, but if you are trying to make your dining in advance online, it will only allow you to do one Palo reservation. Unless you have a very specific night that you want to dine in Palo, I would book the brunch online and then book dinner once you are onboard the ship.

We did a 4 day in April and were unable to book the brunch online but were able to book dinner. So, we did that and then we booked the brunch once we were on board. We had been unsuccessful in getting the brunch on any of the 7 days we have done, it always seems to book up on us, but we had been told that it is easier on the 4 day, and sure enough we were successful. We headed there prior to even going to brunch upon boarding and easily made our dining plans. We were even able to make Palo's reservations for a second night, if we wanted. DH and I were going very casual that trip, and I didn't want us to have to wear the same clothes twice, so we opted not to.

Good Luck in whatever you decide and enjoy the cruise.

Sorry,shorts are never allowed in Palo! Have seen people turned away for trying to get in with them on.

Shorts have been allowed for BRUNCH, but I have seen people wearing shorts turned away for dinner.

Archived