Licensed Pompeii Tour Guides

Just doing a little fine tuning to our upcoming Med Cruise and can use some help.

We’ve got AP Tours set in Naples (having read wonderful things about them on these boards) and they are to provide a licensed guide for Pompeii. Question: Are all the licensed guides pretty similar, or has anyone used one that impressed as truly outstanding?

I’m sure if we requested a specific guide, AP Tours would do what they could to oblige, but I wouldn’t know whom to request. Anyone have any wonderful experiences with guides in Pompeii to share?

Thanks,

Terry

We booked our tour with Roberto from DriveAmalfi (*****). Roberto was the best tour guide, very passionate about the area. He took us on the Amalfi coast (breath taking) with lunch at a local restaurant away from tourists (immaculate with the best Italian food and a marvelous view) and then to Pompeii. Truly an amazing experience.

Thank-you.

I’m sure Roberto was wonderful, and I’m also confident that Alfredo with AP Tours will be top notch. Have already had some email communication (via the office staff) and I can see what others have said about his sense of humor.

I was inquiring, however, about the licensed guides at Pompeii. Are those guides all even or is there someone that stands out? I thought I read once about a Pompeii guide they called “la Professor” but after spending over an hour on the search engine – came up blank, so I thought I’d try one last time.

Thanks.

Thank-you.

I’m sure Roberto was wonderful' date=' and I’m also confident that Alfredo with AP Tours will be top notch. Have already had some email communication (via the office staff) and I can see what others have said about his sense of humor.

I was inquiring, however, about the licensed guides at Pompeii. Are those guides all even or is there someone that stands out? I thought I read once about a Pompeii guide they called “la Professor” but after spending over an hour on the search engine – came up blank, so I thought I’d try one last time.

Thanks.[/quote']

Our guide was Franco, booked through See Sorrento.com He was WONDERFUL! I don't know how to reach him to book directly. But, you are doing the right thing by booking a private guide. You get to see so much more than doing it yourself. If the day is hot, you wear-out quickly. Fascinating expierence, enjoy!

Romeinlimo arranged a private guide for us for Pompeii that made the place come alive. We saw the tour groups and individuals wandering with guide books and audio guides, and were grateful we had our guide. He wisked us into popular sites without standing in line, and told us the story of Pompeii as a living city. His name was Rafaeli, but I don't know how to contact him directly.

Is this the post you were looking for?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9990002#post9990002

Jill

Jill,

You found it - thanks so much, and thanks to all for thier input. If Enzo is not available, then I have a few others in reserve. I'll email Sarah at AP shortly.

Thanks again:)

Archived