Have you ever

Matlily

lost your friends while on a cruise ship there are 8-10 of us and I wondered if you wander off on your own how you ever find your friends again - we are going on the conquest, which I understand is a very large ship.

Yes, it is a large ship, but I never felt lost or lost from anyone. You can take walkie talkies and what my dh and I did was use post-it notes to let each other know where we were going etc. Somehow the ship doesnt seem so large after you are there a couple of days. There seems to be "favorite" spots for everyone and we could usually find each other quite easily. Use the talkies or leave notes or have a pre-set meeting place would be my best advice. Most of all...have fun ...it goes by QUICK!!

Yes, it is a large ship, but I never felt lost or lost from anyone. You can take walkie talkies and what my dh and I did was use post-it notes to let each other know where we were going etc. Somehow the ship doesnt seem so large after you are there a couple of days. There seems to be "favorite" spots for everyone and we could usually find each other quite easily. Use the talkies or leave notes or have a pre-set meeting place would be my best advice. Most of all...have fun ...it goes by QUICK!!

Thanks I will take some post it notes, sounds like a plan.

Our cruises have been split between groups, usually family and friends, and just us. When we sail as a group we share dinner together. We usually make our port day schedules together though we don't all necessarily do the same excursions. It is funny how often we meet each other at breakfast without making any pre-arrangement. It is nice to do things with family and friends and it is nice to be able to find some quieter time. I wouldn't worry too much about how to keep your group in touch. If as I assume you will all be dining together, that is a great time to discuss the next day's schedule.

Ummm, not really no. And there are times that I would have LOVED to have lost some in the group (AKA the Mother in Law :p )

On my next cruise, I have 2 other families going with us, each with two young kids. We each have different excursions that we are planning to do. Some are early risers, some aren't. Usually when we travel together, we just say "see you at the pool at noon" or something to that effect.

For some odd reason, you'll end up running into your friends all day long anyways...it just works that way on a cruise ship. Plus, if your booking numbers are all linked, you'll meet up for dinner each night (that is if you choose to eat in the dining room).

Hint: make a list of everyone in your group with corresponding cabin numbers before you cruise. That way you'll know which cabin they'll be staying in!

For some odd reason, you'll end up running into your friends all day long anyways...it just works that way on a cruise ship. Plus, if your booking numbers are all linked, you'll meet up for dinner each night (that is if you choose to eat in the dining room).

Hint: make a list of everyone in your group with corresponding cabin numbers before you cruise. That way you'll know which cabin they'll be staying in!

A few years back one of the evening news magazines (20/20, 48 hr, dateline???) dropped several pairs of folks in various places in nyc and told them they needed to find the other groups before the day was over...that is all they told them, they all hooked up within 3-4 hours.

My wife daughter and I took a cruise out of Tampa on the Inspiration, one of my employee's wife had planned a special vacation for them (sans kids). would not tell him what or where(he was sure it was a cabin in the mountians) turned out to be same ship/cruise. We ran into them several times even though we made no special effort to.

Thanks we are all in cabins next to each other 5 in a row. My friend and I are sharing with we are different types in the morning one early riser one late and I just wanted to make sure I would be able to find her mid to late morning!:D

Last October we and 9 other couples were booked on the Mariner of the Seas. As we play dominoes and or cards, we floated thru the card room. Usually 2-3 couples were there. Before we left we all agreed that we would eat in the dining room. We shared the same wait staff at 2 tables of 10. Had a great time. You will run across members of your group, unless you want to hide from them!!!:D

Archived