Victory 6/30---My Observation

richstan

We are members of Carnival Concierge (VIP) and were literally out of the cab and on the ship in 15 minutes.

Breakfast and lunch on the Lido Deck was fine. We tend to have breakfast at about 10 a.m. and lunch at 2 p.m. Lines were never a problem. I have read in the past people complaining about lack of variety on brekkie buffet--it has everything--eggs, pancakes, French toast, sausage, ham, bacon, yogurt, cereals, Danish pastry, toast (3-4 different kinds) bagels, juices, cream cheese, butter---all of your standard breakfast food. Lunch is fine too. The main buffet is themed with the cusine of a different nation everyday. There is also a deli that serves great sandwiches, a Chinese station and a BBQ area that serves burgers, franks, steak sandwiches and chicken sandwiches. Pizza is aviailable 24/7.

We had a balcony cabin on the Verandah Deck--plenty of space.

Dinner in the dining room was fine. My steaks tended to be overcooked, but I am not complaining--cooking for 3000 people must be quite a challenge for the chefs/cooks on board.

St. John and Hailifax are very nice ports. We didn't do any excursions and just enjoyed walking around both cities. Our weather was picture perfect for it.

There always seemed to be something going on---trivia, games, pool stuff, gameshows. We tended to just chill at a lounge or in our cabin. We met great people just wanting to shoot the breeze and hang out.

Our cabin steward went beyind the call of duty on quite a few occassions and we tipped him $50 to show our appreciation. Our waiter and ass't waiter were also top notch.

The shows were enjoyable. Don't expect Broadway.

There were a lot of kids on board and they were for the most part well behaved. There were two boys, about 13 years old, having a toilet paper fight in the men's room one night. While washing my hands I casually mentioned to the gentleman next to me that there was a jail on board for "bad kids" the TP fight quickly ended.

Debarkation was also a breeze. We were off the ship and in front of our apartment building at 9 a.m.

All in all it was a great cruise---fantastic weather, great food, great booze and good people!

Archived