Just returned from the Serenade in Alaska

We returned from a wonderful trip to Alaska last week on the Serenade. We had beautiful weather and loved the ship. I posted a full review on the review section under Serenade. We had 2 adts and 2 kids 12 and 10 in an E2 cabin on deck 8---cabin 8614 behind the hump. Great cabin, no noise and the wind was minimal due to the hump. Perfect for Alaska.

GBRBEB,

So sorry we missed you. I really wanted to go, but trying to get the 16 of us together on that 1st day was a challenge. I noticed a smell from time to time, but not too bad. We notice it to some degree on all ships.

Could you believe that weather? I can't seem to find the name of the captain, if you know it, please post it for others. We had such a good time. I hope your family did as well. Did anyone else show up at the meet and mingle? Did you win the infamous aqua mouse? Let me know if you do a trip report.

I believe that Captain first name was Thomas I have the last name on tape and I will put it in the review that I am doing...only a small group showed up for the meet an mingle (Karatelois and some others) but it was a great party and we ran into people all during the cruise....

Alaska was just to unbelievable for words but I wasn't as happy with somne aspects of the ship I will be doing our report but lets just say our room wasn't as clean as it should have been when we embarked..and there was that smell that we encountered from time to time...

We booked all of our tours through the ship and they were great...we also did the non helicopter dog sledding in Juneau and it was great...we also did a lit of walking in port

Anyway the captain did a great job getting us to Hubbard...and the weather was great...

Hopefully Ill get my review done this weekend...but everyone did miss you...

franncos,

Our travel agency that we booked through had a bottle of wine waiting for us in our stateroom. RCCL supplied a corkscrew and kept it on ice every day. We did have bottles of water and a few juice boxes in our carryon and no one said a thing. We also bought some more water in Skagway for our drive and brought the leftovers on board and no one said anything. They were in plain sight in pockets in our backpack.

Good Morning:

Thanks for the great review. We leave in a few weeks and are very excited!! Glad to hear you had great weather - hope it stays that way.

You and Gbrbeb mentioned a smell - like what kind of smell?

Thanks again for the review.

I think every ship has some areas that have a sewage smell from time to time. I've been on 5 different ships and they all had a mild smell in certain areas. If it comes from your room, just tell the room steward and they will take of it most of the time.

Archived