Which Taxi to Use in P.V.?????

Calicruiser101

We want to take a taxi over to the Mismayloya Resort in P.V. there are 9 of us and I was wondering which color taxi is the best? Do they have shuttle services available?

The taxi unions are very powerful in Vallarta. No hotel shuttles will be found (or are extremely rare).

There are two taxi operations in Vallarta; White taxis that operate out of the port & international airport and Yellow taxis that operate throughout the rest of the metro area. By comparison, white taxis are somewhat expensive but they do offer vans that should be able to carry your party of 9 in one vehicle. White taxis will get you where you want to go but you will have to take yellow taxi to get back. If you want to use the yellow taxis when you get off the ship, you will have to leave the port (Federal) property and you will find them waiting for you.

White taxis charge per person, Yellow taxis charge per cab ride (up to four people). If you have a small child in your party that can sit on an adult's lap, you may be able to get away with only two yellow taxis for your group.

Rates - I have never been able to get a handle on the rate structure for white taxis. I only use them at the airport when I know our party will not fit in one yellow taxi. Yellow taxis are regulated by zone and have published rates.

Mismayloya is located south of the metro area and is not a typical destination for cruisers. Cost per yellow taxi is likely to be in the 100-150 peso range ($10-$15 USD). I have no idea what the white taxi service will charge per person to Mismayloya.

Check out this web site for information concerning Vallarta - http://www.vallarta-info.com/

Enjoy!

The taxi unions are very powerful in Vallarta. No hotel shuttles will be found (or are extremely rare).

There are two taxi operations in Vallarta; White taxis that operate out of the port & international airport and Yellow taxis that operate throughout the rest of the metro area. By comparison, white taxis are somewhat expensive but they do offer vans that should be able to carry your party of 9 in one vehicle. White taxis will get you where you want to go but you will have to take yellow taxi to get back. If you want to use the yellow taxis when you get off the ship, you will have to leave the port (Federal) property and you will find them waiting for you.

White taxis charge per person, Yellow taxis charge per cab ride (up to four people). If you have a small child in your party that can sit on an adult's lap, you may be able to get away with only two yellow taxis for your group.

Rates - I have never been able to get a handle on the rate structure for white taxis. I only use them at the airport when I know our party will not fit in one yellow taxi. Yellow taxis are regulated by zone and have published rates.

Mismayloya is located south of the metro area and is not a typical destination for cruisers. Cost per yellow taxi is likely to be in the 100-150 peso range ($10-$15 USD). I have no idea what the white taxi service will charge per person to Mismayloya.

Check out this web site for information concerning Vallarta - http://www.vallarta-info.com/

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the great info. and website.:D

Who cares? Does it have four wheels?

Hey, I've done all the research, so I'll get in the good taxi and you and your family can find anything w/ four wheels or no wheels for all I care.:D

Nobody has to get excited about my rude response, as irishmz is my sister.:eek:

Personally I would not even take taxis to Mismayloya. We spend more than a month in PV every winter (in a condo) and like to take ocassional trips to Mismayloya for the beach and dinner. You can get there by simply taking the Mexican bus line (an experience). The nice thing is that the intercity bus departs from right in front of Sams which is an easy walk from the cruise port. Just ask the driver (or other passengers) to let you know where to get off, since the bus stop is across the road and a short walk to the town. You cannot really see Mismayloya from the bus stop or the road, so you need help to know you are at your destination. The fun of the bus is worth the bus trip. First the vendors come on-board and walk down the aisles selling food. Than, if you are lucky, the band gets on-board and will stay for 10 or 15 minutes and serenade you with good Mexican music. If you do want to use taxis simply walk outside the port (as I recall the taxis in the port are those darn White taxis) and you will find yellow taxis (usually parked near the gas station on the corner). If there are no taxis in queue simply try to wave one down along the road. The White Taxis (and White Vans) seem to have this structurre where they can charge 2,3 or 4 times the amount of the yellow taxis. And the fun part is that they do not always know where they are going (thats a story in itself).

Hank

Archived