Bangkok private tours and things to see

Caramelo65

I would be very grateful for any tips or contacts for private tours in Bangkok.

We will be ending a cruise there and will have seen plenty of temples and museums etc. before arriving in Bangkok, so I am thinking of seeing something different to cary but at the same time typical.

My idea is to find a company who does private tours to include transfer from Pick up at Laem Chabang Port at approx. 9am,

Transfer to our hotel in Bangkok which we have already booked very close to bangkok airport, then do a half day trip with maybe an Elephant Show and also maybe something like the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market (I ´don´t know if these are far away from Bangkok airport or on the on the way from Laem Chabang Port to bangkok??? Or can anyone suggest something else that we must not miss being in Bangkok....we are open to all suggestions. We have time available up until approx. 6pm in the evening and by this time we should be back at the Airport Hotel.

Look forward to any suggestions or tips or companys to contact. :)

I would be very grateful for any tips or contacts for private tours in Bangkok.

We will be ending a cruise there and will have seen plenty of temples and museums etc. before arriving in Bangkok, so I am thinking of seeing something different to cary but at the same time typical.

My idea is to find a company who does private tours to include transfer from Pick up at Laem Chabang Port at approx. 9am,

Transfer to our hotel in Bangkok which we have already booked very close to bangkok airport, then do a half day trip with maybe an Elephant Show and also maybe something like the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market (I ´don´t know if these are far away from Bangkok airport or on the on the way from Laem Chabang Port to bangkok??? Or can anyone suggest something else that we must not miss being in Bangkok....we are open to all suggestions. We have time available up until approx. 6pm in the evening and by this time we should be back at the Airport Hotel.

Look forward to any suggestions or tips or companys to contact. :)

Another site is http://www.salathaitravel.com. They have many tours have good customer relations.

Terry

• 4 months later...

We did the Princess cruise Bangkok to Beijing and while you think you may have seen enough temples, you should not miss the Bangkok National Palace and the golden and reclining buddahs. You can do both in one day. The temples of Taipei and the Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven in Beijing are totally different and there are no temples to speak of on your tour after those two cities so you will not be "templed out." I know of no one who has not been awed by the Bangkok palace and the Reclining Buddah in particular is pretty amazing. You can easily find a guide who will do a one day tour of the above plus a ride on the river and lunch.

Dear brpillows,

Yes, we did get a local company, and I CAN HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM. Their link is as follows:

http://www.changthaitravel.com/

They collected us from the ship and drove us the 2 and a half hour approx. transfer to Bangkok. Then we did a private tour with them which covered the Grand Palace (definately should not be missed, it was fantastic), the reclinning buddha, the golden buddha, plus some others, plus we did a 1 hour river cruise on a typical wooden long-tailed motor boat along the river....it was also a great experience, to see the local people swimming and fishing in the brown water river, and 2 local women with cone hats like the Vietnam ones who approached us in a little rowing boat offering us souvenirs etc., plus one could see big monuments and buddhas in Bangkok from the river. See my photos on the following link:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561303518MgWwDQ

The local tour guide was perfect. The were very puntual. The driver collected us, he spoke more limited English but was very willing and friendly, and then in Bangkok he collected our tour guide who was very nice, efficient and spoke perfect English, and he dedicated the day to exactly what we wanted to do and at the same time he had a great knowledge of all the places he showed us and was able to explain the meanings of everything. I would definately recommend this company.

We had a different experience with another company en Beijing....they were also very good but kept taking is to the "factory" visits where you must stay at least 20 or 30 minutes....and of course they want to sell and the guides get their commission, but in one day trip if you add up 3 or 4 obligatory 30 minute factory stops it means you have lost 2 hours time where you could be sightseeing.

Caramelo--

Thanks for the glowing report on your tour company in Bangkok. On your recommendation, I've e-mailed them for info for next fall [HAL's Amsterdam from Seattle to Singapore.

I loved your pictures! I may have to try to pass some of them off as ours when we return. Also, it was fun revisiting Nagasaki [the drum group], Beijung [esp. the Wall and Summer Palace] and Hong Kong. It was overcast when we rode the funicular so our photographs are not as clear as yours. And memories of dinner at the Jumbo Floating Restaurant.

Thanks for the memories, too.

Dave

bra1nchild@hotmail.com

We were also on the Bangkok Beijing Sapphire Princess - actually did the cruise(s) back to back, and used one company in Bangkok from pick up at the airport to drop off at the port, pick up at the port and drop off at the airport hotel on the return side. They were quite good and we had a very good driver and our guide Oat was excellent. Saw the Grand Palace, Golden, Reclining, and Jade Buddhas, did the long tail boat ride, but didn't do the floating market, as it is a morning thing and we had to get to the ship. I guess the 'generic' request will allow posting the contact information - http://www.orientalescape.com Had a little problem on the port pick up side - never did work out whose issue it was, but it all worked out okay and a tour we ended up not getting to take was promptly refunded.

Can also recommend Rajawongse Tailors next to the Landmark Hotel if you want anything custom made while you are in Bangkok. Did a gorgeous job for my rather hard to fit DH - in two days made a fully custom made dinner jacket, tuxedo pants, and formal shirt.

Tours were great, though, and the airport pick up service was outstanding.

Archived