St Thomas-Water Island?

Tammy245

I posted this on the port of call boards also, but I know that not everyone goes there, so... We are thinking about going to Water Island when we go to St. Thomas on our next cruise and wanted feedback from someone who has been there. We have been to St. John many times and looking for something different.

We stayed on Water Island for 3 nights some years ago. At that time the attraction (for us) was a lovely newly rebuilt hotel we wanted to try. (It has since been blown away by yet another hurricane, tho may be renovated by now). WE, too, were searching for a new experience, having been to the US Virgins as well as the BVI many times.

I remember it as being hilly, rocky, tho it did have at least one nice small sandy beach used by the hotel. We enjoyed our stay but wouldn't see any reason to go back.

I hope this is at least some help---as this was about 15 years ago, I'm digging deep for the information! I'd go back to St. John in a minute. Or how about Jost Van Dyke?

Janet

Sorry, guess that wasn't such a good thought. Looked at the ferry schedule and tho it's possible (weekends) on paper, don't think I'd rely too much on their scheduling. We've taken the Virgin Island ferries a number of times and the timing can be "casual". And, as you say, you certainly don't want to miss the ship.

Janet

I don`t know anything about getting to Water Island by ferry but I have been there many, many times by excursion boat...the Kon Tiki. They stop at Honeymoon beach for a couple of hours swimming, the beach is OK there is nothing on the beach eg snack bar etc but I like to swim in the ocean there....jean :cool:

Archived