Regent Air

first time with Regent, we are flying also with Regent Air... I know that unless you spend $100 per person for the Air Conceirge then the details ofyour journey are up to Regent. We are going to be going from Seattle to Nice for the Sept 8 journey form Monte Carlo to Athens. What I would like to know is a general idea sort of about what the details will be:

-Will it be priceline style, aka 3-4 stops- or do they do their best to limit the stops to 1? Do they tendto have short layovers or will I be spending 10 hrs in the historic Chicago O'Hare airport?

- Will I be able to earn FF miles?

Thanks! Ideally I'll be flying SEA-JFK-Nice, or SEA-AMS-Nice, or SEA-CDG-Nice.....

chris

Hello Chris,

Our experience is that they try and do the best routings with the least stops. Our last one was Chicago-Frankfurt-Athens on Lufthansa and then Nice-Copenhagen-Chicago on SAS. We did get FF. We wished that we could get direct flights out of Chicago but the truth is that the carriers that we would willingly fly had no direct flights to these places.

Hope this helps.

Peter

I have used Regent's air program several times and have always had good connections and been able to earn frequent flier miles. We fly out of Albuquerque which is not the easiest place to make connections from and we've typically had only one stop to either Europe or Asia with reasonable layover times.

Sundail speaks for our experience with Regent. Good connections, ease of meet/greet. However, Lufthansa provided us with the best food/beverage service and the most uncomfortable, cramped seating we have ever experienced. Air travel is just something to endure in order to get to "THE SHIP".

We just flew on Oceania's Air to Istanbul on Lufthansa and home via Delta through Atlanta. The plane configuration on Delta was about 10" less leg room on the flight from Athens to Atlanta (Economy) then there was on Lufthansa LAX to Frankfort. We are on Air France with Delta Miles for our next Regent cruise and quite happy for having miles to be on AF.

Regent has used Delta, Air Canada, Alaska, American Air, Lufthansa and British Air for flights we've taken using their air. We have found that we can choose the routing and available flights by deviation at a reasonable price and flying to the destination a day ahead and paying for a hotel. They give our TA a choice for us and we have 24 hours to approve it.

Archived