Lighthouses in Barbados

lmrumley

Does anyone have information on what excursions offered by Celebrity that would offer a view of any or all of the 4 lighthouses in Barbados?

We have booked a cruise with the Summit for March,2005 and are lighthouse fans.

Any info would be appreciated.

Does anyone have information on what excursions offered by Celebrity that would offer a view of any or all of the 4 lighthouses in Barbados?

We have booked a cruise with the Summit for March,2005 and are lighthouse fans.

Any info would be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I can’t help you with the tours that Celebrity may offer that would allow you to see the island’s lighthouses, however three of the four are actually relatively close to each other and the dock.

With the exception of North Point Lighthouse, which is way up in St. Lucy, the others are within about ten miles of the dock, perhaps a US$20 taxi ride (each way). The farthest being at Ragged Point on the Easterly-most tip of the island.

If you dropped North Point and Ragged Point, the other two are now within 5-7 miles of the dock (at Needhams’ Point and South Point). This would be a US$12-15 taxi ride.

If you drop South Point, You can see Needhams’ for a US$7 taxi ride.

Just thought I’d point this out in case you are unable to find a ships’ tour that would accommodate your request. You could do a quick taxi ride and at least see Needhams’ and perhaps South Point.

Best wishes for a wonderful time on the island! :)

Thank you for the very useful information concerning the lighthouses. They had appeared to be much further away. My husband and I are looking forward to visiting Barbados and hopefully we will be able to view at least some of them. We have visited and photographed about 225 lights, we hope to add some when we go on this cruise.

• 2 months later...

Although you can not climb any of the Light Houses you can walk around 3 of them to my knowledge at least I did I love the one at Harrison Point But it is fairly imposable to get to without a 4wheel drive or off road vehicle.

The One at South Point is fenced off which is unfortunate I saw some Monkeys playing around it when I was last there :)

Archived