Was I On The Same Cruise? Maasdam 06/30 - 07/07

bostom

Those nets are usualy applied for the loading & unloading process. Wonder why they weren't there in Boston on Maasdam? Hey, wait a minute..........maybe they were using them as a patch job for the pipes?:rolleyes:

You bad. You bad. :p

Those nets are usualy applied for the loading & unloading process. Wonder why they weren't there in Boston on Maasdam? Hey, wait a minute..........maybe they were using them as a patch job for the pipes?:rolleyes:

Copper - Post 199 - you have a real knack of making me LOFL :D

A couple of years ago an entire cage of luggage was dumped into the water as it was being loaded onto the Oosterdam in San Diego. (The NEXT Saturday and ever since, there is a net stretched from ship to the dock.) I do understand that divers retrieved luggage, then HAL laundered/cleaned all contents, doctors met with Pax to make sure any packed medications were replaced, etc. I don't know who was the liable party, but HAL did respond to those whose bags were in the water--this incident was reported on these boards, as I recall.

Rev Neal was on that Oosterdam cruise. Tom and I were in San Diego that weekend and had dinner at Anthony's and thought we would be watching Sail Away at 5PM as it was becuase of this the ship did not leave till at least 6:30PM. I am sure Greg may come in and tell more about this.

Here is a link to pictures of that day

http://travel.webshots.com/album/268142755DMsOWL?start=24

A couple of years ago an entire cage of luggage was dumped into the water as it was being loaded onto the Oosterdam in San Diego. (The NEXT Saturday and ever since, there is a net stretched from ship to the dock.) I do understand that divers retrieved luggage, then HAL laundered/cleaned all contents, doctors met with Pax to make sure any packed medications were replaced, etc. I don't know who was the liable party, but HAL did respond to those whose bags were in the water--this incident was reported on these boards, as I recall.

I was aboard the Oosterdam for that cruise and knew a number of the people who were caught in the mishap. HAL did all that you described, and more. This also happened to be the cruise on which the guy had the bottles of Scotch that broke in his luggage. :)

I was the one who reported the incident, both in 2005 and I recounted it on this thread in a prior post.

Rev Neal was on that Oosterdam cruise. Tom and I were in San Diego that weekend and had dinner at Anthony's and thought we would be watching Sail Away at 5PM as it was becuase of this the ship did not leave till at least 6:30PM. I am sure Greg may come in and tell more about this.

Here is a link to pictures of that day

http://travel.webshots.com/album/268142755DMsOWL?start=24

Ah, hah. Yes, indeed. And I have already related it in a prior post on this thread. :)

Archived