New to board - please help chiise cruise #2

Hi everyone - I just found this board. Took my first cruise last month - 3 night on DCL with DD and absolutely loved it.

My husband and I would like to go on a cruise next year - on another line. I'm hoping that you all might be able to give me input. This is what I'm thinking:

5-7 night

probably Carribean

husband would like some type of fishing excursion

prefer mostly casual dining - nothing formal.

We live in Rhode Island - no preference on ports.

Of course don't want to go during hurricane season - would liek best value.

Thanks - I'm looking forward to being a member of these boards.

Hola Newbie,

Nice to have you onboard. I can only help you on a Western Carrib, since we have not done anything else, YET! Of the three cruiselines that we have sailed, Princess was probably the most formal. The Grand Pricess is gorgeous, with around 2800 passengers, but it never seemed crowded. RC's Splendour of the Seas was smaller, but just as nice. Decor and appearance was impeccable. After 4 Carnival cruises on 2 ships, I must confess that even though I am not a big fan of their decor, they probably have the biggest boom for the bucks. Service and food have been good and there is always something to do. Which do I choose? Probably RC, but to tell the truth I have never had a bad cruise.

I'm not sure about the fishing. I love to fish but dragging a bait behind the boat and then having to strap into a fighting chair sounds like boredom followed by work. Now if he wants to fish the bonefish flats in Belize or tarpon in Costa Rica, give me a call. I'll go in a minute, providing that Miss Ginger will let me go. (Conformation, don't ya know?):D

You will find that late Nov., Dec, and early Jan. are the cheapest times to book. Check with online TA's to keep track of prices and specials, but feel free to use a good local TA if that makes you feel better. We always book online, but thats just me. I'm CHEAP, but I can see where a local TA could be handy. (Plus, if you have problaems, you can take care of it personally.:cool:

Welcome!

If you and DH want casual dining and would like to eat whenever you want, I'd suggest NCL. There are no required formal nights.

We like to sail in February or early March (before spring break :eek: ), and in October.

NCL has some 5 and 7 day cruises during that time. Here's the link:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/home.html

To find fishing excursions you'll have to check the shore excursions for the ports you'll be visiting.

We use a local TA and don't find the price to be any different than the online TA's. We usually get some "extras" from her, too :) !

Hi everyone - I just found this board. Took my first cruise last month - 3 night on DCL with DD and absolutely loved it.

My husband and I would like to go on a cruise next year - on another line. I'm hoping that you all might be able to give me input. This is what I'm thinking:

5-7 night

probably Carribean

husband would like some type of fishing excursion

prefer mostly casual dining - nothing formal.

We live in Rhode Island - no preference on ports.

Of course don't want to go during hurricane season - would liek best value.

Thanks - I'm looking forward to being a member of these boards.

Hi there...We are in Mass. Have you looked into any cruises from Boston or NY? We like to try and cruise from these two ports so we do not have to fly to Florida, etc. Carribean Princess is sailing from Brooklyn, Ny next spring thru fall, 9 nights to the Carribean. Great ship, great service. We are booked to cruise this ship for a second time on the May 26th. :D

There are sailings from Boston that go to bermuda too and stay overnight..Bermuda is beautiful too!

Thanks for the great sugggestions!

I should definitely look into closer ports - my husband hates to fly - it bothers his ears alot - that is probably a better option and would definitely cut down on cost.

Please keep your suggestions coming.

Thanks for the great sugggestions!

I should definitely look into closer ports - my husband hates to fly - it bothers his ears alot - that is probably a better option and would definitely cut down on cost.

Please keep your suggestions coming.

Check out some of the online TA's and with an advanced search you can pick the port that you want to use. I know they have cruises out of NY, Philley, Boston, Brooklyn and maybe more. Heck, the research is half of the fun.

Archived