Honolulu Car Rental Princess

coolcat12

I know there are many HNL car rental posts already but so many of them are for NCL cruises that have a different island schedule.

Need some imput on the best car rental option when my Princess ship is in Honolulu just for the day.

Should we rent at the airport or in a local area? What about shuttles? Our ship leaves at 11pm so we need to return the car late. Any known issues with returning late? I prefer Avis, Hertz.

Thanks!

Why don't you contact them directly, either on the web or 800 nbr and give them your particulars, from my experience they are all different. We have car a rented in each of 4 islands & it was somewhat of a chore but doable.

CIAO,

The most popular seems to be Thrifty on Oahu. Located at the airport and provides shuttles to the pier. I checked Avis, they only have the airport location and Hertz has an Ala Moana Location in addition to the airport, but they are only open until 5 pm at the Ala Moana location. It's possible they may have some sort of after hours dropoff arrangement. As Steve said, might be best to call but I would suggest you call the local rental office as many times the National office has no idea.

we rented from hertz in honolulu, they had a shuttle there to take us to the store which was on ala moana blvd about 5 blocks from the aloha tower where our ship docked,,

now when we returned, we had to return at the airport since it was after 5p but it was really easy,, they have no shuttles going back , but they will call a taxi for you and take 20$ off your rental.. basically paying for the taxi, you pull up and they scan the car, give you a reciept and youre done, it was soo easy and the cab was there like in 3 min i sweare...

i booked it online at hertz.com

we rented from hertz in honolulu, they had a shuttle there to take us to the store which was on ala moana blvd about 5 blocks from the aloha tower where our ship docked,,

now when we returned, we had to return at the airport since it was after 5p but it was really easy,, they have no shuttles going back , but they will call a taxi for you and take 20$ off your rental.. basically paying for the taxi, you pull up and they scan the car, give you a reciept and youre done, it was soo easy and the cab was there like in 3 min i sweare...

i booked it online at hertz.com

melika091900: I found one of your old posts last night and did just as you did by renting at Ala Moana w/ airport return. Got a nice car with a great $30 rate. They told me the same info about the return. :D

Thanks Naskarr and BugDan for your imput too. Calling the 800 office about local rentals is futile...I got various answers from various reps....Call local offices.

Archived