Alaska Ship Tempretures

JackN

We are going on the Dawn Princess May 24th.

All of our previous cruises have been warm weather. Our question is, how warm is the ship. Any need or use for the shorts. How about the pools, anyone every use them?

Thanks,

Jack in South Bend

Song of America '93

Monarch '96

Legend '97

Sun Princess '98

Voyager '00

Millennium '03

The Dawn pool is totally outside and only the very brave use it. Hot tubes are more used but fast moving people in and out of them. icon_smile.gif Not likely a lot of use for shorts and you will need to be well prepared for cold weather first. Shorts take up little room, pack a pair or 2 in case of a heat wave. icon_smile.gif

Jack,

I think they keep the ships fairly warm. I took a medium weight jacket and a rainjacket, and on ship days to the glaciers, I had to take off the heavier jacket and switched to the lighter one so I didn't have to carry it or get too hot before going out on deck or going back and forth for the day. It was cool in glacier bay and a hat and gloves were helpful but that was about the only time unless you stand on bow area when ship is moving at top speed.

Archived