2 Questions for CB-cabin preferences and configuration for 3

sparky3229

We will beon the CB for the Eatsern Itinerary...is there a preference for our balcony to be on the port or starboard side? Also, our 21 yr. old daughter may be coming with us...I will book a balcony cabin for 3 people. How will they configure the room? On Celebrity, there was a small sofa that pulled out into a bed. I dont see anything like that in the picture of a balcony cabin here.

Sorry, no sofa whatsoever in a balcony cabin on this Princess ship. You would have to go up to a mini suite or higher to have that in your stateroom.

Balcony cabins are more or less just a bedroom with a semi comfortable chair and a desk chair at the dressing table on Princess.

The balcony cabin for three will have two twins that can be converted to a queen and a pull down bunk from the wall. If you look at the balcony cabin layouts at princess.com that will be a representative of the configuration of your balcony cabin.

Thank you Toto...so...I looked at the floor plan and it doesnt show this bed that pulls out. Is it on the wall and it will come down a bit but be a loft? Certainly it doesnt pull down like a murphy bed, so do you climb up a stool to get in bed? Is it above the queen bed? Will she kick us in the head going to bed??? :confused:

Not sure if the bunks on the CB come down from the ceiling or pull down from the side of the wall, but they can be put out of site, no matter which way they come from, during the day.

They supply a ladder to climb up to the top bunk for the one that gets to sleep up there.

I know there have been some pictures posted here, if I can find one either here or on webshots, I will post the link for you to actually see it.

Toto...thank you so much...I chuckled out loud at the picture. Is that you and your daiughter...it was just such an adorable ppicture. I love the idea of having such a little one above ina bed like that. How cute. Of course, my girl is 21 and 5'8". The picture really helped a lot.

So, another querstion now...IF daughtrer #2 wants to come...which means FOUR adults in a balcony cabin...how ridicoulous would that be? I know it begs the question "just get them another room"...not that easy, as the girls cant share a room well...they did it on our last cruise and I am glad one of them didn't jump oeverboard or push the other one. Let's not go there as to why they cant just buck up...they are fabulous girls....noughh said. So anyway, would we all fit into a BA? The mini suite doesnt seem to offer much more, does it? Would it have 2 pull down beds too? I would have to give up my larger Caribe balcony...half shade/half sun. :o

Thank you Toto...so...I looked at the floor plan and it doesnt show this bed that pulls out. Is it on the wall and it will come down a bit but be a loft? Certainly it doesnt pull down like a murphy bed, so do you climb up a stool to get in bed? Is it above the queen bed? Will she kick us in the head going to bed??? :confused:

Yes, if you have the twin beds put together she may be "kicking you in the head" to go to bed :D ! There's a ladder at the end of the upper bed. Make sure she uses it!

Thank you Plant...you made me laugh. As I assume she will be staying out later than we do, there will be a lot of stories about her climbing up there, I'm sure...and getting down from there...she better not lean over and...from there! :eek:

sparky, Nope, not my picture, and I don't have any daughters, only sons. :) I found that pic on webshots for you.

As for adding a 4th to your cabin. That is possible with 2 IFS. If the cabin is a quad and not just a triple, and IF the ship hasn't filled those extra berths yet, passenger capacity comes into play here. I have read where some have said the cruise line will bring in a roll a way bed for the extra if the triple is needed for a quad, but OMG, the entire cabin would be wall to wall beds and you would have no access at all to the balcony when the roll a way was in there. This of coarse, would be totally up to you if you wanted to be crunched.................. ;)

It would be a bit crowded with four adults in a balcony cabin, others have done it, but it does get tight, especially with only one small bathroom.

Yeah...I found a website that had photos, and have been looking at some. The mini suite seems better, but I know that pullout couch will be really small for 2, but it certainly would have a few extra inches of room for getting around. So now I have to wait until monday and change my reserv for a BA for 3. If the next daughter wants to come, we will deal with it then. But I appreciate all your help and have found the information I needed to make a decision. Thank you!

Your welcome, glad I could help. Best of luck, I hope you find that perfect cabin for that upcoming perfect voyage. ;)

Edited: One more idea. There are minis that sleep 4 toward the aft section of Emerald and Dolphin Deck, possibly others too but I am not sure. There would be a pull out couch and a pull out bunk, just in case that second daughter decided to join you at the last minute. If you didn't need the bunk, then it could just stay hidden in the wall, but you would be ready for anything that way.

Toto...actually, thank you for adding that. Knowing there is a bunk in the mini along with the couch is great to know! When I mentioned that my girls wouldn't really fit on a pull out, I expected people who were reading this to just want to scream at me like my girls are horrible or something... I wouldn't sleep on a pull out!!! I willl check that avaialblity...and possibly say good bye to that bigger balocony! :o

Sparky, Just make sure if you upgrade to a mini, it is one of the quads. That will leave the pull out couch AND a bunk. A triple will only have the pull out couch with no bunk. Best of luck, let me know if you are able to grab one................. ;)

Archived