sushi

Vacple30

Has the sushi gotten better. My cruise last year on board the Miracle, I was disappointed to find all the Sushi cooked.

I will be sailing on the freedom in Dec and was excited to find it had a dedicated sushi bar (not a dinner-time cart like the Miracle). Does anyone know the hours of the Meija Sushi Bar on the Freedom and what the quality and selection of sushi like?

I just got off the Fantasy and yes I believe the sushi meat was cooled, smoked salmon and etc. but what I ate was great.

Is there an additional charge for the sushi or is it included as part of the on board food?

Thanks so much!

Does anyone know if they also have vegetable sushi (avocado, cucumber, etc...)?

On our Miracle sailing one night at the little sushi stand they had some vegetable sushi with avocados and cucumbers.

Has the sushi gotten better. My cruise last year on board the Miracle, I was disappointed to find all the Sushi cooked.

I will be sailing on the freedom in Dec and was excited to find it had a dedicated sushi bar (not a dinner-time cart like the Miracle). Does anyone know the hours of the Meija Sushi Bar on the Freedom and what the quality and selection of sushi like?

Sushi means served with rice...it has nothing to do with the fish being cooked or not. To stay off problems with food poisoning they probably prefer to serve it cooked or smoked. Shashimi means raw or uncooked.

I found the Sushi to be fine on the Miracle...I will say though that the Sushi on Celebrity is a step up to Carnivals....

it was open 5:30 to 8:00 or so I believe on the Legend. There was sashimi as well as sushi so I got to enjoy the raw salmon and tuna. :)

I am glad to hear the bar now includes Sashimi. As I stated, my last cruise on the Miracle, there was not a large selection, but that might vary from ship to ship, i guess

Sushi means served with rice...it has nothing to do with the fish being cooked or not. To stay off problems with food poisoning they probably prefer to serve it cooked or smoked. Shashimi means raw or uncooked.

I found the Sushi to be fine on the Miracle...I will say though that the Sushi on Celebrity is a step up to Carnivals....

I understand that some forms of sushi can be cooked and some raw. I just wished they had a larger selection, If they are now serving raw sashimi, you would think they would offer the same raw fish on sushi...all they would be doing is adding the rice?

On our Miracle sailing one night at the little sushi stand they had some vegetable sushi with avocados and cucumbers.

Thanks Sandi! I was on the Miracle also, and I checked it out only 3-4 nights and didn't see any vegetable ones...I guess I missed it when I forgot to check on the other nights. Now I know for next time! :D

I do know on the Fantasy last week there were different kinds every night. Lots of veggie ones. My favorite is the california roll I only had that once. I believe it went from 5-8 pm. I wish they had it during lunch hours,also.

Archived